Table of Contents
- Buying Guide
- CNC Wood Routers
- Hobby CNC Routers
- CNC Metal Routers
- CNC Stone Routers
- CNC Nesting Routers
- 3D CNC Routers
- 5 Axis CNC Routers
- Parts & Accessories
- Video Tutorials & Instructional Videos
- Free DIY Projects & Plans
- Feature Stories & Articles
- Customer Reviews & Testimonials
Are you looking forward to building your own automatic CNC routers for wood, MDF, plywood, aluminum, copper, brass, stone, foam, plastic, acrylic, and glass? Are you coming up with an idea to buy affordable CNC router tables online with sizes including 2x2, 2x3, 2x4, 4x4, 4x6, 4x8, 5x10, 6x12 instead of DIY (Do It Yourself) for your home shop, small business, hobbyists, training, school education, commercial use, and industrial manufacturing? Are you picking up the best budget CNC router kit in the top rated CNC machine manufacturer, supplier, dealer, seller, maker, or brand with 24/7 free service & support in USA, UK, UAE, Canada, Australia, Russia, South Africa, China, India, or other countries from Asia, Europe, North America, South America, Africa, and Oceania? Review the best buying guide in 2023 for beginners, operators, machinists, carpenters, artisans, builders, woodworkers, metal fabricators, foam fabricators, and stone workers with styles & types of mini, small, tabletop, benchtop, desktop, portable, handheld (DSP controller), gantry, and large format. STYLECNC will be the best store & shop that can offer you the top rated new & used CNC router machines on sale at cost price in 2023 within your budget with free expert customer service to fit your 2D/3D personalized cutting, carving, drilling, grooving, turning, milling projects and solutions.
What Is A CNC Router?
A CNC router is an automatic power tool with computer numerical controller for smart cutting & milling wood, MDF, plywood, foam, stone, ceramic, plastic, steel, copper, brass, aluminum, and other metals, which is used in hobbyists, home shop, small business, school training, commercial use, and industrial manufacturing. A CNC router machine works with an automatic controller to transmit the designed and layout file information and converts the data into machine-readable G-code through a computer to drive the X, Y, and Z axes to get the job done with router bits for making 2D, 2.5D, 3D projects with extreme precision and complexity, which is an automated kit compared to a handheld router. It is also known as computer numerical control router, C and C router kit, computerized router machine, computer-controlled router table.
A CNC router kit is composed of controller, software, operating system, machine frame (bed), spindles, gantry, motor, driver, guide rail, ball screw, power supply, T-slot table or vacuum table, vacuum pump, collet, limit switch, rack & pinion, and additional accessories & parts.
How Many Types of CNC Routers?
When you have an idea to build or buy a machine tool to start or grow your business, you need to understand which type is suitable for your plans or projects, let's make an introduction. The definition of type depends on the applications and axes features of the machine. One of the most common types is based on application features, including types of hobby router kits (mini types, small types, portable types, desktop types, benchtop types, tabletop types), and types of large industrial router kits (wood router kits, metal router kits, stone router kits, foam router kits, plastic router kits, aluminum router kits, glass router kits). The other is based on axis features, including 3 axis types, 4th axis (rotary axis) types, 4 axis types, 5 axis types, and multi axis types.
|Table Sizes||2' x 2', 2' x 3', 2' x 4', 4' x 4', 4' x 6', 4' x 8', 5' x 10', 6' x 12'|
|Axis||3 Axis, 4th Axis, 4 Axis, 5 Axis|
|Capability||2D Machining, 2.5D Machining, 3D Machining|
|Materials||Wood, Stone, Foam, Metal, Aluminium, Copper, Brass, Plastic, Acrylic|
|Types||Hobby Computerized Router Kits for Home Use and Industrial Computer Controlled Router Machine for Commercial Use|
|Software||ArtCAM, Type3, Cabinet Vision, CorelDraw, UG, Solidworks, MeshCAM, AlphaCAM, UcanCAM, MasterCAM, CASmate, PowerMILL, Fusion360, Aspire, AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor, Alibre, Rhinoceros 3D|
|Controller||DSP, Ncstudio, Mach3, Mach4, OSAI, Siemens, Syntec, LNC, FANUC|
|Price Range||$2,580 - $150,000|
|OEM Service||X, Y, Z Axis Working Area|
|Optional Parts||Dust Collector, Vacuum Pump, Rotary Device, Mist-Cooling System, Servo Motors, Colombo Spindle|
How Many Types of CNC Router Tables?
A CNC router table is a type of automatic workbench kit with all the parts and accessories needed to build the complete mechanical portion of a standard machine tool. The most common table kits (by feet) include 2x2, 2x3, 2x4, 4x4, 4x6, 4x8, 5x10, and 6x12. The types are also known as 16x16, 16x24, 24x24, 24x36, 24x48, 48x48, 48x96, 60x120, 80x120, 80x160 in inches. Someone might refer to a table top as 4040, 6040, 6060, 6090, 1212, 1218, 1224, 1325, 1530, 2030, 2040 in terms of millimeters (mm).
DIY Router Table Building Plans
|24" x 24"||2' x 2'||600 x 600|
|24" x 36"||2' x 3'||600 x 900|
|24" x 48"||2' x 4'||600 x 1200|
|48" x 48"||4' x 4'||1200 x 1200|
|48" x 72"||4' x 6'||1200 x 1800|
|48" x 96"||4' x 8'||1300 x 2500|
|60" x 120"||5' x 10'||1500 x 3000|
|72" x 144"||6' x 12'||2000 x 4000|
How Does A CNC Router Machine Work?
A CNC router machine is a smart computer controlled cutting tool that works automatically with at least three axes of X, Y, and Z to get the job done, which is an upgrade version from the handheld router and digital router. The X-axis is horizontal, the Y-axis vertical, and the Z-axis refers vertical to the other two axis. A computer controller reads G-code or other machine language instructions and drives a tool for motion control. The spindle holds the tool, moves along X, Y and Z axis, following the tool path generated by the software. In the 3 axis router machine, the tool is always vertical, and undercuts are not possible. In addition, the 3 axis kit can be equipped with a rotary axis (4th axis) around the X, Y and Z axis, which is known as an automatic lathe machine. It is mainly used for cylinder carving & cutting projects and some 3D projects. A real 4 axis router machine has one additional axis, which refers to X-Y-Z-A, X-Y-Z-B, X-Y-Z-C. Four axis are linked, which can work at the same time. 5 axis router machine has two additional axis, which refers to X-Y-Z-A-B, X-Y-Z-A-C, X-Y-Z-B-C. The machine moves a tool on five different axis at the same time. The spindle can be rotated left and right by 180 degrees around. These additional axis allow for shorter project time due to their capability of carving five edges of the material simultaneously. The position is determined by a computer. The computer will tell the motors how much to move in each direction. Any location within the work area can be defined by using the method of positioning. The machine can be moved within that space, and the machine is connected to a computer, the computer will tell it where to move. First, the operator should do the tool path creation, the operator uses CAD (Computer-Aided Design) & CAM (Computer-Aided Manufacturing) software to draw the shapes and create the tool path that the machine will follow.
Overall, when you have plans in your mind, what kind of table sizes should be chosen? Which all depends on your requirements and budgets.
What Are CNC Routers Used For?
CNC routers are used for woodworking, sign making, furniture, cabinetry, fixtures, custom millwork, channel letters, model making, joinery, orthotic manufacturing, point-of-purchase (pop), jewelry manufacturing, CAD/CAM instructional, prosthetic manufacturing, educational, solid surface production, prototyping, radius mouldings, aerospace, foam packaging, countertop production, plastic packaging equipment manufacturers, mannequin production, metal working, musical instrument manufacturers, packaging, store fixtures, boat building, extrusions cutting boards, PCB fabricators, safety enclosures, conveyor manufacturers, engraving, pool cues, magnetic, gun stock manufacturers, knife template manufacturing, fan blade manufacturers, pistol grip manufacturers, korbal manufacturers, kneuls manufacturing, artistic carvings, name tags, MDF doors, puzzles in industrial manufacturing, small business, small shop, home business, home shop, school education, hobbyists, and SMBs.
CNC routers are fully automatic computer numerical controlled machine tool kits used for cutting & milling a variety of materials such as wood, plywood, MDF, foam, plastic, acrylic, stone, aluminum, copper, brass, and many more soft metals.
Solid Wood & Hard Wood: Redwood, cherry, cottonwood, ash, oak, pine, birch, mahogany, poplar, beech, hard maple, walnut, teak, purple heart, tigerwood, hickory, leopardwood, cocobolo, bloodwood, aspen, basswood, alder, yellow birch, red elm, beech, cypress, gum, hackberry, pacific coast maple, pecan, red oak, bolivian rosewood, sycamore, sassafras, white oak, hondura mahogany, black walnut, spanish cedar, african padauk, willow, wenge.
Soft Wood: Soft maple, pine, fir, hemlock, cedar, spruce, redwood.
Composite Wood: MDF, OSB, LDF, plywood, masonite, particle board, melamine.
Plastic: ABS, PVC, PET, polyethylene, polycarbonate, polypropylene, polystyrene, cast and extruded acrylic, uhmw, phenolic, luan, vhmw, hdpe, mica, acetate, sintra, lucite, marine PVC, nylon, lexan, wood plastic, solid surface materials.
Stone: Tombstone, granite, natural marble, milestone, jade, artificial stone, bluestone, sandstone, ceramic tile.
Metal: Copper, brass, bronze, aluminum, honeycomb aluminum, mild steel, stainless steel.
Foam: Sign foam, polyethylene, polyurethane, polystyrene, EVA, styramfoam, urethane, precision board, foam rubber, silicone rubber.
Other Materials: PCB, ren board, fiberglass, vinyl coated panels, machinable wax, mat board, butter board, gypsum, magnetic rubber mats, composites, leather, wood veneers, mother-of-pearl, delrin, rubber, modeling clay.
How Much Does A CNC Router Cost?
Different table sizes, features, durability, performance, and quality will lead to different costs, including the assembly parts and optional accessories. A CNC router is built with machine bed frame, X, Y table (T-slot table or vacuum table), spindle, gantry, ball screw, guide rail, vacuum pump, driver, motor, controller, operating system, software, collet, rotary 4th axis, limit switch, power supply, rack and pinion. CNC machines from different manufacturers and brands have different customer service and support, which will lead to different costs.
Machines from different countries have different tax rates, different customs, different shipping costs. All of these factors will result in the final price. All depends on your specific needs, CNC routers vary in cost.
The cost of DIY CNC router kits start around $1,800 for your own building plans. Most small entry level CNC routers for hobbyist are picked up from $2,380 to $5,080, while some large format types can be as expensive as $6,780. The higher-end types, such as professional CNC router tables for enthusiast are priced anywhere from $3,280 to $18,000, depending on the machine's features and capabilities. The enterprise and industrial CNC router machines cost anywhere from $16,000 to $150,000 for commercial use, which are pricey to own and operate for beginners.
Pick Up Your Budget
|Types||Minimum Price||Maximum Price||Average Price|
|3 Axis Types||$2,380||$22,800||$5,280|
|4th Axis (Rotary Axis) Types||$2,580||$25,980||$6,160|
|4 Axis Types||$22,800||$37,800||$26,120|
|5 Axis Types||$80,000||$150,000||$101,200|
How To Choose The Best CNC Router Kits?
The best machine tool kits are built on the brand and quality of the core hardware, and what software is used.
The spindle is the core component of the machine and can be used for high-speed cutting, milling, carving, engraving, and drilling, involving a wide range of industries. The machine is generally equipped with a high-performance spindle to play its role. When the spindle is working, high-speed rotation will generate a lot of heat. If the heat is not dissipated in time, it will have a great impact on the service life of the spindle, and in severe cases, the spindle will be burned. There are two main cooling methods for the spindle: water cooling and air cooling.
So the question is coming? How to choose the right spindle?
The higher the hardness of the cutting material, the lower the rotational speed of the spindle. This is actually quite understandable. Materials with high hardness need to be slowly ground down. If the rotational speed is too fast, the tool may be damaged. The higher the viscosity of the material, the higher the rotational speed of the spindle used, which is mainly for some soft metals or man-made materials. The diameter of the tool used by the machine is also a very important factor in determining the spindle speed. In fact, the diameter of the tool is related to the materials. The larger the diameter of the tool, the slower the spindle speed. The determination of the spindle speed is also based on the use of the spindle motor. From the spindle motor power curve, we can see that when the speed is reduced, the output power of the motor is also reduced. If the output power is low to a certain extent, it will affect the processing, which will have a worse effect on the tool life and workpiece. Therefore, when determining the speed, attention should be paid to ensure that the spindle motor has a certain output power.
Machine Beds & Components
Machine beds and components manufacturing process: The high power machinery requires the body to be precise and stable when working. Therefore, long-term high power machining should use the casting body to ensure its accuracy and stability.
CNC controllers are also generally divided into two types: one type of controller is only driven, and all computing operations are completed by a computer. The computer is in a waiting state while the machine is working, and cannot perform typesetting work. Another type of controller is controlled by a single board computer or a single-chip computer.
This controller is actually a computer, so as long as the machine starts working, the computer can immediately perform other typesetting work, especially when working for a long time, the advantages are particularly obvious. The most common controllers include DSP, Mach3, Ncstudio, OSAI, LNC, and Syntec.
Ball Screw & Guide Rails
Ball screw and guide rails are also important parts. High quality ball screw and guide rails are the guarantee of machining precision and performance when the machine is used for a long time.
The table kit is mainly divided into the table top of aluminum profile (T-Slot fixturing table) and the table top of vacuum adsorption. The work piece on the T-Slot table needs to be fixed manually with rivets, while the vacuum table can automatically fix it. Relatively speaking, the vacuum table can save time and be firmer. The structure of the vacuum adsorption table is mainly composed of a vacuum pump and a high-quality electric board, so compared to the T-Slot table, the vacuum adsorption table is relatively more expensive.
The vacuum adsorption table can be divided into six partitions or eight partitions for vacuum adsorption, and the adsorption capacity can be enhanced by the partitioned vacuum adsorption table. When we need to cut woodworking panels, we now place the panels on the table, then open the vacuum suction valve, and the panels are directly fixed to the vacuum suction table. It is mainly suitable for large-area flat panel machining.
The CAD/CAM softwares are free, cracked, or paid, all depends on your requirements. The most common softwares include Type3, ArtCAM, Aspire, AutoCAD, Cabinet Vision, CorelDraw, UG, Solidworks, PowerMILL, and Fusion360.
How To Use A CNC Router Machine For Beginners?
The operation has always been a concern for many prospective customers. In everyone's impression, it's a fully automated machining equipment to make accurate cuts, and difficult to operate this high-precision computerized router machine. So many people retreat before they understand and learn, fearing that they won't be able to use. In fact, CNC routing is a very complicated and cumbersome operation. As long as you learn it with your heart, it is easy to use for beginners, and there is nothing difficult to understand.
Now STYLECNC will introduce the 5 operation steps in details as your reference.
Step 1. Turn On to Start.
1. Turn on the power of the control computer and monitor, and start the software
2. Press the power switch.
3. Turn on the spindle motor cooling water pump and check the cooling water flow.
4. If the machine is turned on for the first time today, depress the handle of the lubricating oil injector once, and add lubricating oil to the lubricated part.
5. Perform the mechanical origin return operation in the software, and eliminate possible collisions before the operation.
6. Manually move each feed axis 1 to 2 back and forth within the full stroke.
Step 2. Workpiece Clamping.
1. Place the cushion material in the center of the workbench.
2. Place the workpiece to be processed on the mat.
3. Use at least 4 sets of pressure plates to fix the workpiece on the worktable.
4. Check whether the workpiece is clamped firmly.
5. Find the edge and set the workpiece origin:
5.1. Move the spindle along the feed axis that accurately sets the origin until the tool will touch the workpiece.
5.2. Start the spindle.
5.3. Switch to single-step movement with step size 0.01mm or 0.05mm.
5.4. Move in one step until the rotating tool touches the workpiece. At this time, a slight noise will be heard.
5.5. Zero the workpiece coordinates of this axis or record the current machine coordinates.
5.6. Move the axis to move the tool away from the workpiece, and pay attention to confirm that the moving direction is correct.
Step 3. CNC Tool Changing.
1. Disconnect the power to ensure that the spindle motor stops.
2. Move the spindle to a position where it is easy to change the cutter, and place the soft material directly under the cutter to avoid damaging the cutting edge when the cutter falls.
3. Fix the spindle with a small wrench, and turn the chuck nut clockwise (viewed from top to bottom) with a large wrench, taking care not to hit the cutting edge with the wrench.
4. If you need to replace the chuck, unscrew the chuck nut and replace the chuck to remove foreign objects in the machine chuck and chuck nut.
5. Check whether the cutting edge of the router bit to be clamped is intact.
6. Install the collet and nut on the spindle.
7. Insert the router bit to be clamped into the hole of the chuck, as far as possible according to the actual situation (but the cylindrical part of the bit cannot be fully inserted), and tighten the nut by hand. This step cannot be reversed from the previous step: do not insert the bit before installing the nut on the spindle.
8. Tighten the nuts with two wrenches, being careful not to use too much force, and also being careful not to hit the cutting edge with the wrench.
9. Confirm that the wrench is away from the spindle, and turn on the power.
10. Set the router bit again and set the Z coordinate of the workpiece origin.
Step 4. Start CNC Programming.
1. Confirm the following work:
1.1. The router bit is firmly clamped.
1.2. The workpiece origin is set correctly, especially the Z coordinate of the workpiece origin after tool change.
1.3. Workpieces are clamped firmly.
1.4. The NC program is loaded correctly.
2. Adjust the feedrate override to about 30% in the software and start programming.
3. After confirming that there is no abnormal operation, adjust the feedrate override to the normal value.
4. Someone must be on duty during operation.
Step 5. Shut Down to Stop.
1. Return to the mechanical origin.
2. Remove the router bit and the chuck nut is allowed to stay on the spindle.
3. Turn off the machine.
4. Turn off the computer, this step can not be reversed with the previous step.
Router Bits & Tools
The installation and operation of router bits is a very important job for accurate cuts. If the bits are not installed correctly, it will not only increase the wear of the bits, but also cause inaccurate accuracy and difficulty in routing. Therefore, sufficient attention must be paid.
STYLECNC summarizes the following methods to install bits & tools correctly.
1. Before installing the tool, check the wear of the bit first. If there are defects such as chipping or severe wear, replace the bit with a new one or use it after it is repaired to make accurate cuts.
2. The relevant surface must be cleaned and wiped clean before installation, and the gasket and hole burrs must be carefully removed to prevent dirt and burrs from affecting the accuracy of the tool installation position.
3. When clamping the tool with a washer, the two ends of the washer must be as parallel to each other as possible. If it is found that the bit is skewed after installation, the position of the washer should be adjusted to minimize the cumulative error of the washer. Until the router bit does not shake after driving.
4. Straight shank milling cutters are usually installed with spring chucks. When installing, tighten the nut to make the spring sleeve shrink radially to clamp the shank of the milling cutter
5. Installation of taper shank milling cutter: When the size of the taper shank of the milling cutter is the same as the taper hole at the end of the spindle, it can be directly installed in the taper hole and tightened with a tie rod. Otherwise, use transitional taper sleeves for installation.
6. After the tool holder is inserted into the spindle, tighten the router bit with the tightening screw. It should be noted that the direction of rotation of the router bit must be consistent with the thread direction of the tie rod, so that the thread of the tie rod and the milling cutter can be connected more tightly during rotation, otherwise the milling tool may come out.
7. Without affecting the routing, try to make the bit as close to the spindle bearing as possible, and make the hanger bearing as close as possible to the bit. If the bit is far away from the main bearing, a rack bearing should be installed between the spindle bearing and the milling cutter.
8. When installing the bit, the key should not be removed. Because there is no key on the cutter shaft, if there is uneven force during milling or under heavy load cutting, the bit tends to slip. At this time, the cutter shaft itself bears great radial resistance and resistance, which will easily cause the cutter shaft to bend, and damage to the fixing gasket.
9. After the router bit is installed, check all the related washers and nuts again to prevent loosening. And use a dial indicator to check the radial jump or end jump of the router bit to see if it is within the allowable range.
10. After the tool axis shaft is removed, it should be hung on the rack to prevent the tool axis shaft from bending and deforming. Under special circumstances, when it needs to be stored horizontally, wood chips or soft items should be used to pad it to prevent scratches and deformation.
You will meet various CNC router brands from all over the world when buying a computer-controlled router kit, and have no idea which brand is suitable for your business within your budget. You don't need to worry about this, STYLECNC will help you to make the right choice with any budget and customized requirements.
STYLECNC will provide customers with a variety of practical and inexpensive machines. No matter what you think, you can make a final price and service comparison, which brand or supplier will be your ultimate choice, just get free quote from the merchants that fit your plans, you ultimately have to decide on your own needs. We integrate R&D, design, sales, manufacturing and service, and have an all-round 24/7 online & offline service system for pre-sale, in-sale, after-sales service and support. You can buy custom CNC routers with free designs from us. Compared with the local services near you, you can also get door-to-door service from STYLECNC.
In the use of a CNC router machine, you may be troubled with a variety of problems. How to determine why the machine does not work as expected? Let's list different problems and explain how to resolve them.
Over-travel alarm indicates that the machine has reached the limit position during operation. Please check according to the following steps:
1. Whether the designed graphic size exceeds the processing range.
2. Check whether the connecting wire between the motor shaft and the lead screw is loose, if so, please tighten the screws.
3. Whether the machine and the computer are properly grounded.
4. Whether the current coordinate value exceeds the value range of the software limit.
Overtravel Alarm Released
When overtravel, all motion axes are automatically set in jog state, as long as you keep pressing the manual direction key, when the machine leaves the limit position (that is, out of the overtravel point switch), the connected motion state will be restored at any time.
Pay attention to the movement when moving the workbench The direction must be far away from the limit position. The soft limit alarm needs to be cleared to X, Y, Z in the coordinate setting.
1. Insufficient repetitive processing accuracy, please check according to the second item of the first unit.
2. The computer is running and the machine is not moving. Check whether the connection between the computer control card and the electrical box is loose. If so, insert it tightly and tighten the fixing screws.
3. When the machine cannot find the signal when returning to the origin, check according to the second unit. The proximity switch at the origin is out of order.
1. No output, please check whether the computer and the control box are well connected.
2. Check whether the space in the settings of the routing manager is full, and delete the unused files in the manager.
3. Whether the signal line wiring is loose, carefully check whether the lines are connected.
1. Whether the screws of each part are loose.
2. Check whether the path processed by yourself is correct.
3. Is the file too large?
4. Increase or decrease the spindle speed to adapt to different materials (usually 8000 to 24000).
5. Loosen the tool chuck, turn the tool in one direction and clamp it, and put the bit upright, so as to avoid the routing object is not smooth.
6. Check whether the tool is damaged, replace it with a new one, and restart work.
Care & Maintenance
The principle and structure of computer controlled router machines are similar. Through more than ten years of manufacturing, sales and after-sales of CNC machining, STYLECNC has summarized some experiences and hopes that those users who own computerized router kits can do correct daily care and maintenance.
Spindle - Core Parts
1. Provide reliable lubrication adjustment.
For the spindle with oil-air lubrication, reliable and stable lubrication conditions should be provided. The lubricating oil injected into the oil-air lubricator needs to be filtered to avoid mixing of impurities and mixing of oil types. Regularly observe the amount of oil and add oil to avoid oil cut, and clean the filter element and filter screen regularly.
2. Provide reliable cooling conditions.
The cooling methods of high-speed spindles include water cooling and air cooling. Water cooled spindles need to regularly check the use of coolant and supply them in time. Air cooled spindles need regular maintenance of the spindle air cooling system to avoid malfunctions.
3. Follow the manual instructions to standardize the operation.
The operator should have a basic understanding of the selected spindle and accessories, including the spindle's rated power, speed and other requirements, so that it does not exceed the rated power operation. Overload operation may cause damage to the spindle, resulting in higher maintenance costs. Therefore, before using the spindle, be sure to read the manual carefully and perform standard operations.
CNC Controller Box
According to the dust in the working environment, clean the dust in the controller box regularly and timely.
Note: The power must be cut off, and the operation can only be carried out after the inverter has no display and the main circuit power indicator light is off.
The inside of the computer should be cleaned. Excessive dust in the electrical box may cause the wire joints to ignite and cause a fire. Excessive dust in the computer will cause the computer to malfunction and signal errors will cause the machine to be misaligned.
The transmission parts include the guide rail rack and ball screw. Whether it is a rack machine or a screw machine, after using the machine every day, be sure to clean up the dust from all parts of the machine. The machine with automatic pump oil lubrication will automatically oil, check the guide is there any oil in the rack and screw part? It takes 3-5 days to manually pump oil once installed with a manual oil pump. For manual oiling machines, it is necessary to manually lubricate the guide rail rack and screw rod every 3-5 days.
The guide rail and rack must be maintained with engine oil. The screw part should be greased with high speed. If the working environment temperature is too low in winter, the rods and polished rods (square rails or circular rails) should be washed and cleaned with gasoline first, and then oil is added, otherwise it will cause excessive resistance in the transmission part of the machine and cause the machine to dislocate.
At present, the drive motors of CNC machines are divided into stepping motors, hybrid servo motors, and pure servo motors. If abnormal noise is found in the machine during daily work, it must be shut down in time. Run the machine manually to find the source of the noise, and then contact the maintenance personnel or the manufacturer to repair or replace the motor in time.
A CNC wood router is an automatic machine tool for wood cutting, relief carving, drilling & slotting, which works with 2D/3D designed files by CAD/CAM software. A CNC wood router machine is composed of bed frames, spindles, T-slot table or vacuum table, vacuum pump, CNC controller, motor driver, guide rail, rack and pinion, ball screw, power supply, limit switch, collets, tools & bits, and other parts & accessories. The most common types of wood routers include 3 axis, 4th axis, 4 axis, 5 axis CNC woodworking machines. The most commonly used CNC wood router tables include 2ft by 3ft, 2ft by 4ft, 4ft by 4ft, 4ft by 6ft, 4ft by 8ft, 5ft by 10ft, and 6ft by 12ft. A wood router is applied in most popular woodworking plans and projects such as cabinet making, door making, sign making, arts & crafts, furniture making, and home decorations.
4' x 8' (48" x 96", 1300mm x 2500mm)
$5680.00 - $10180.00
2' x 3' (24" x 36", 600mm x 900mm)
$2800.00 - $3800.00
4' x 8' (48" x 96", 1300mm x 2500mm)
$5680.00 - $10180.00
4' x 8' (48" x 96", 1300mm x 2500mm)
$4880.00 - $5500.00
4' x 8' (48" x 96", 1300mm x 2500mm)
$6180.00 - $7000.00
4' x 8' (48" x 96", 1300mm x 2500mm)
$12700.00 - $14380.00
2000mm x 3000mm
$5980.00 - $7200.00
5' x 10' (60" x 120", 1500mm x 3000mm)
$15300.00 - $18000.00
4' x 8' (48" x 96", 1300mm x 2500mm)
$22800.00 - $35000.00
4' x 8' (48" x 96", 1300mm x 2500mm)
$8800.00 - $12800.00
4' x 4' (48" x 48", 1200mm x 1200mm)
$8000.00 - $12000.00
4' x 8' (48" x 96", 1300mm x 2500mm)
$21900.00 - $22800.00
1600mm x 2500mm
$23100.00 - $26000.00
4' x 8' (48" x 96", 1300mm x 2500mm)
$4600.00 - $8800.00
250mm x 1200mm
$13000.00 - $16000.00
A hobby CNC router is a mini machine tool kit for hobbyists in home shop and small business. It cuts the parts through the tool path generated by the CAD/CAM software working with the computer and the designed patterns. A hobby CNC machine usually runs with a DSP controller, as well as a user friendly computer numerical controlled system. It has better software compatibility with ArtCAM, CastMate, Type3, UG and other 2D/3D design software. It is designed with desktop, tabletop, or bench top styles, which makes it portable and easy to move. It is used for making signs, logos, numbers, letters, arts, crafts, molds with wood, MDF, bamboo, plywood, acrylic, plastic, foam, aluminum, copper, and brass.
2' x 3' (24" x 36", 600mm x 900mm)
$2800.00 - $3500.00
2' x 3' (24" x 36", 600mm x 900mm)
$2580.00 - $3200.00
4' x 8' (48" x 96", 1300mm x 2500mm)
$5580.00 - $6580.00
4' x 4' (48" x 48", 1200mm x 1200mm)
$3680.00 - $4500.00
2' x 4' (24" x 48", 600mm x 1200mm)
$2780.00 - $3600.00
2' x 2' (24" x 24", 600mm x 600mm)
$3500.00 - $4500.00
A CNC metal router machine is a type of automatic power tool that uses computer numerical controller, high speed spindle, and high hardness router bits for aluminum, brass, copper, iron, steel, and alloy, which works like a CNC milling machine. It has the functions of continuous working after power failure and automatic error correction at the origin. Metal CNC machines offer from 3 to 5 axis, working along at least the X, Y and Z axis based on the complexity of the part. They are used to make a variety of components and molds, which are ideal solutions for metal parts fabrication. You can pause, increase or decrease the speed, adjust the milling depth at any time, and preview the 2D and 3D tool path design, which is convenient for milling different metals.
$18800.00 - $23800.00
$5000.00 - $8000.00
$9000.00 - $15000.00
$11000.00 - $19000.00
$6000.00 - $10000.00
$7180.00 - $11000.00
A CNC stone router is a fully automatic computer-controlled machine tool capable of carving and cutting marble, granite, ceramics, ink-stone, jade, headstone, tombstone, artificial stone, glass, quartz, blue stone, natural stone to make cabinets, arts, crafts, inscription, Buddhas statues & sculptures. It is compatible with a variety of CAD/CAM design software. It is equipped with professional router bits and a bidirectional tool cooling system to effectively improve tool lifespan. It adopts computer numerical control system to realize 3D dynamic simulation display. It can do stone lettering, relief carving, shadow carving, line carving, stone cutting, and stone hollowing in home improvement, advertising, and industrial decorations.
$32800.00 - $36800.00
$2800.00 - $3500.00
$6680.00 - $9980.00
$7000.00 - $9000.00
$18500.00 - $21500.00
$29800.00 - $30800.00
A CNC nesting router is an industrial automatic wood cutting machine with computer numerical controller, which has the ability of feeding, cutting and unloading in furniture customization. The layout file is designed by CAD/CAM software, and the G-code command is generated by the computer, which is transmitted to the user friendly computer numerical control system, so as to control the machine to perform various operations. The CNC nesting machine drives the gantry to move through the stepper motor, cuts the panel through the tool in the high speed spindle. It is divided into single-process, double-process, three-process, and four-process based on the number of spindles, and is classified into single-table, double-table, and moving-table based on the different table structures. In addition, it can be customized and designed to meet the commercial woodworking plans.
$12200.00 - $13300.00
$20000.00 - $24000.00
$22900.00 - $40450.00
$48000.00 - $56000.00
$28000.00 - $30000.00
$12700.00 - $16000.00
A 3D CNC router is an automatic three-dimensional machine tool that is driven by a 3D control system and performs cutting, 2D relief carving, and 3D milling on various substrates. It needs at least three coordinate axes to work, namely X axis, Y axis and Z axis, where X represents the left and right space, Y represents the front and rear space, and Z represents the upper and lower space, thus forming a human visual 3D sense. Add an additional axis on the basis of the three axes, that is, the 4th axis or the 4 axis. The 4th axis is refer to a rotary axis for 3D cylinders. The 4 axis is refer to a swing axis for 180 degrees 3D carving projects. Add two additional axes on the basis of the three axes, that is, the 5 axis CNC machine, which can do 360 degrees 3D milling works.
$18000.00 - $23000.00
$33000.00 - $41000.00
$15000.00 - $20000.00
$8000.00 - $20000.00
$6800.00 - $13800.00
$8500.00 - $20000.00
A 5 axis CNC router refers to an automatic multi-axis machine tool that adds two additional axes to form a five-axis linkage machining on the basis of three coordinate axes. Unlike 3D printers, five-axis machining requires at least three linear coordinate axes and two rotating coordinate axes, which are simultaneously coordinated and processed under the control of the computer numerical control system. The 5 axis CNC machine is composed of Z-axis box body, gantry beam, gantry column, gantry under-frame support, work table, linear ball guide rail, double-turn electric spindle, servo motor and other components. It adopts advanced gantry type table moving structure and has perfect milling technical characteristics. When it works, the five axes move to the tool in the spindle to process around the part to achieve five-axis linkage 3D machining. It is used to cut & mill wood, plastic, foam, resin, gypsum, aluminum, copper, brass, carbonized mixed materials in aviation parts, auto parts, mold making, and model making.
$105000.00 - $110000.00
$110000.00 - $150000.00
$80000.00 - $90000.00
$10.00 - $600.00
Single Flute End Mill
$10.00 - $20.00
Straight Router Bits
$1.00 - $10.00
Feature Stories & Articles
- Can You Use Regular Router Bits in a CNC Machine?Category: User ManualDec 19, 2022
Can you use regular router bits instead of turning tools and milling cutters in a CNC machine such as a mill and lathe? Review this guide to understand how to choose and use router bits in a machine tool.
Jan 29, 2023Yes, we offer paid/free ArtCAM, Type3, Mach3, Cabinet Vision, Alphacam, UcanCAM, CypCut, RDWorks, EZCAD, or other software with all CNC machines.
Jan 29, 2023Starting from you place an order, it will take 5 to 60 days based on the manufacturing cycle and shipping time to get your CNC machine from STYLECNC.
Jan 13, 2023You can find CNC machines from STYLECNC in over 180 countries from all over the world, we can contact our customer to arrange a visit for you.
Jan 13, 2023We provide customers with high-quality CNC machine tools and the most complete pre-sales service, after-sales service, and custom expert technical support.
Jan 13, 2023We have free online training. We can assign a technician for door-to-door training with charge. You can also come to STYLECNC for training in the factory.
Jan 13, 2023Buying a CNC machine is a daunting task, but it does not have to be so hard, review this buying guide to purchase the best one for your own business needs.
Jan 13, 2023All CNC machines can be paid for by T/T (wire transfer), credit card (Mastercard, Visa) and e-checking. You can choose the best option for your budget plan.
Jan 13, 2023The shipping cost of a CNC machine is based on the size, the weight, the shipping method selected, and your shipping address.
Jan 13, 2023As a top CNC machine brand and manufacturer in the world, we promise to offer 1-3 years of warranty to guarantee all types of machine tools from STYLECNC.
Jan 12, 2023All CNC machines can be shipped worldwide by sea, by air or by international express logistics via DHL, FEDEX, UPS. We will provide you with the best shipping method based on your location.
Jan 12, 2023Whether you are a novice or a beginner, CNC machines from STYLECNC with instructional manuals, videos, and free service & support make all easy to use.
Jan 09, 2023Looking for the best CNC machine for 2D/3D woodworking plans in 2023, follow the practical guide to the top reviewed wood CNC machines to start or grow your business in modern furniture making, cabinet making, door making, sign making, wood crafts and other popular custom woodworking projects.
Jan 09, 2023Looking for a free or paid CAD and CAM software for CNC machining based on Windows, macOS, Linux? Review this guide to understand the 21 best CAD/CAM software for CNC machines in 2023, including AutoCAD, MasterCAM, PowerMill, ArtCAM, AlphaCAM, Fusion 360, SolidWorks, hyperMill, UG & NX, SolidCAM, Solid Edge, BobCAD, ScultpGL, K-3D, Antimony, Smoothie 3D, DraftSight, CATIA, CAMWorks, HSM, SprutCAM.
Jan 09, 2023This guide will help you to understand what is a CNC router machine? how does it work? what are the types? what is it used for? how much does it cost? how to choose and buy?
Jan 09, 2023Find 2023 best CNC routers for 2D/3D aluminum parts machining, mold making, sheet cutting, tube cutting, aluminum composite panel cutting, and relief carving.
Nov 25, 2022CNC stands for Computer Numerical Control, which is an automatic technology of controlling a machine to read the G-code and drive the tool in the spindle to work automatically with CAD/CAM software in the manufacturing process.
Nov 03, 2022G-code is a type of easy-to-use preparatory computer numerical control programming language used in CAM software to control a CNC machine to work automatically.
Sep 22, 2022We have listed top 10 best CNC machine manufacturers and brands for reference only, including Haas, Mazak, DMG MORI, Trumpf, MAG, AMADA, Hardinge, Okuma, EMAG, Makino in the world.
Sep 19, 2022Are you learning & researching on how to make your own CNC kits for beginners? Review this DIY guide on how to build a CNC machine step by step from scratch.
Sep 19, 2022In this article, you will understand what is CNC programming for beginners, how to use the best CAD/CAM software to create personalized programs for programmers in modern industrial CNC machining.
Sep 13, 2022How to properly and safely use a CNC plasma cutter for beginners and novices? Let us start to understand the easy-to-follow plasma cutting machine operation guide step by step.
Sep 03, 2022We are selling accessories for CNC router, CNC mill, laser cutter, laser engraver, laser marker, laser cleaner, laser welder, wood lathe, plasma cutter.
Aug 03, 2022A CNC router is worth buying with the creating value far exceed its cost, whether you are working for hobbies, learning CNC machining skills, or making money for your business.
Jul 25, 2022If you're in the market for one new or used CNC router machine or table kits, you may be trying to know how much does it cost to make sure the buying within your budget. The final price you pay depends on the make and type you'll purchase.
Jul 22, 2022In this article, we'll guide you on how making a CNC router kit at home, including machine parts assembly, Mach3 software installation and CNC controller setup.
Jun 17, 2022Before starting work with CNC router, take some time to learn the user guide for beginners, you will get the basic skills on how to use a CNC routing machine.
Jun 09, 2022This guide will help you to understand how to install and setup the Mach3 CNC controller software to control a CNC router, CNC mill, CNC laser machine, CNC plasma cutter, CNC lathe machine or similar CNC machine tools.
Jun 09, 2022Weihong Ncstudio CNC Machine Vision Controller V5.5.60 ENGLISH support functions of Advance Start, Breakpoint Resume, MPG Wizard, Reverse Cutting, and more.
May 25, 2022Most people only consider the low cost when choosing a CNC router machine. However, we really need to consider both the price and applicability. If you buy a CNC machine at a cheap price, but it is not suitable for your work, then it's just like a pile of scrap iron.
May 20, 2022The most common linear guide rails include square guide rails (profile guide rails) and round guide rails. We will make a comparison between them and help you to choose the right CNC linear rail kit to DIY or build your CNC router machine.
May 12, 2022You may be troubled with variety of problems in the use of CNC router machine. You will understand the 22 most common problems and solutions for troubleshooting in this article.
May 12, 2022How to choose a right 3 axis, 4 axis, or 5 axis CNC router machine for your CNC machining projects, ideas or plans? Let's get into the differences between 3 axis, 4 axis and 5 axis CNC machines.
Feb 28, 2022You may wonder should I buy CNC machine from local sellers or overseas manufacturers? Let's discuss the benefits of buying from foreign & international stocks.
Feb 25, 2022Looking for G-code file for CNC machining? Review the video to learn how to generate G-code file for 2D & 3D designs with ArtCAM software for CNC machine.
May 01, 2021When using a CNC router machine, basic precautions and safety tips should always be followed with the safety guidelines and rules to reduce risk of injury.
Apr 28, 2021Different CNC router tools will be used for different materials, projects or plans. You may worry about how to choose the right CNC tools, CNC bits or CNC cutters? You will get details from this tooling guide to CNC tools, bits, and cutters.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
- Kent Church from United StatesPosted on Feb 02, 2023Well packaged with operating & assembly manual. Easy to assemble and start up. The software is easy to use and shows you the cutting bid location in real time. This kit is as good as it gets for woodworkers at a decent price point. It meets the expectations for which I purchased it. In addition, the automatic tool changer spindle kit has greatly increased the efficiency of woodworking with a better quality finish for my carpentry business. Overall, I'm satisfied with this great CNC router machine.
- Eddie C Nash from United StatesPosted on Feb 01, 2023I run a high school woodworking shop and our precious CNC is way old and outdated. Looking to upgrade with one more modern CNC that can cut up to full sheets as well as has a 4th axis. Researched over a couple of months. Compared all brands of 4 axis rotary CNC machines with lathe attachments and decided to give STM1325-R3 a try. Everything was going smooth. Easy transaction fast delivery. Got it within 25 days. Easy to assemble. The software that came with it is free and easy to use. Tested making cabinet doors with 3/4 in. x 4 ft. x 8 ft. plywood sheet. All performed well with clear and smooth results. Overall, it's a great machine worth to buy.
- Tobias K Schroeder from GermanyPosted on Jan 31, 2023I have never used any power tool like this unit. I did a lot of research and like you have come to this CNC machining center. I had low expectations, but this kit was easy to use and has run a couple of months trouble-free. From the tool changer to the extra rotary axis, all works with automation. A great machine tool to make cabinet doors and home decorations. I would recommend this product to anyone looking to upgrade your woodshop.
The software that comes with it is fine and free with a package that can give you good control over cutting parameters and strategies.
Figure out how to handle dust because you will be making a lot of it. In addition, the large workbench will take up too much space.
- Tekkam from AustraliaPosted on Jan 10, 2023I purchased this 5x10 CNC router table because I wanted to make cabinet doors and home decorations in my workshop. It is easy to assemble and has run many days trouble-free.
The LNC software that comes with it is great for jobs with automatic tool changer, and free. Easy to set and debug. Good control over cutting strategies and parameters, and I could use it easily with document instructions.
A dust collector should be upgraded to handle dust because it will make lots of sawdust. I e-mailed them in the PM. Got a reply within the hour. They shipped me a new industrial dust collector in 10 days for a lot less than I thought it would cost. Overall the customer service is top notch.
- Johann Polischansky from AustraliaPosted on Oct 10, 2022I bought this hobby CNC for PCB prototyping. Easy to assemble. Capable for making intricate carvings. I was able to get great results with a little preparedness, and tolerances are within a few thousandths. A great power tool for beginners with patience. Best purchases I have made.
- Ryan Stein from AustraliaPosted on Oct 09, 2022I purchased this CNC after researching how an automatic tool changer works in advance. Easy to put together with the instructions that came with it. Contacted STYLECNC and within a few minutes I got response on software installation and setting. Great customer service. I am using the software it came with since it works well for my business. This is a great machine for someone looking to get into automated woodworking and personalized furniture making.
- Pedro Bitting from United StatesPosted on Sep 12, 2022I purchased the STG1212 about 20 days ago and much to my surprise it showed up on my workshop in less than 15 days of placing the order. I tried on the parts assembly and software installation which took about 2 hours start to finish, but I had a great sense of accomplishment once all was done. Thanks for the easy-to-follow instructions from STYLECNC. I have been using this machine on a daily basis with woodworking, and I am very happy with the results I have gotten. Fabulous 4x4 CNC router for the money. I have never used or owned a CNC before, but now it makes my creative juices flowing. I would definitely recommend.
- Jason Rodriguez from CanadaPosted on Aug 20, 2022I have been addicted to the CNC router for woodworking with tool changer for many years, but initially it is expensive for my cabinet shop. I am happy to find the price has come down to an acceptable level in previous months, and after researching different makers and types, I selected STM1530C for its larger 5x10 vacuum working table and automatic tool changer spindle kit. Arrived in 16 days and packed well. Easy to assemble all parts and install the software to program. LNC controller is user-friendly and professional for cabinet making. So far this is the best buy I have made.
- Spencer Kloss from CanadaPosted on Jun 20, 2022I'm an artist and looking for a power tool for the fabrication of pieces to use in sculptural installations. I need to be able to cut thicker sheets of plywood at the 4x8 size. Also would be good to be able to cut metals and plastic. STM1325-R3 is the right CNC machine that meets all my needs. In addition, the rotary attachment can also make some 3D artwork sculptures.
- Kent Church from United StatesPosted on May 08, 2022A great CNC machine for woodworking. I'm extremely pleased with it. Assembly was straight forward. Great instructions and online tech support. All make it easy to get into CNC. STYLECNC's technical staff has been fantastic, great communications and easy to work with. I was able to assemble and setup the machine, install and debug the software, and cut a large wall sign on the 1/4 inch 4x8 full plywood sheet in 45 minutes. Been experimenting with some relief carving on the table leg as well. All functions so far working well.
- Sean Mahmood from United KingdomPosted on Apr 10, 2022This was my first time to own a CNC within my budget and I have used CNC router service near me before. I'm so happy with it. It was easy assemble and so far it's been really easy to use. It's taken some time getting used to the settings but we are getting the hang of it. This product exceeds our expectations by far. Safe to say this was a good choice.
- Peter Shchepin from United StatesPosted on Mar 22, 2022Very happy customer. The CNC machine works like a fine clock. I've been using it for 6 month and had no issues at all. Customer service is outstanding, whenever I had a question they answered very quickly. I will definitely buy more machines as my business grows.
- Harry Burns from United StatesPosted on Jan 26, 2022The CNC kit builds OK. I bought this machine a few months ago to make cabinet doors and cut rubber gaskets, and I finally got around getting up and running during the holidays. It is fascinating overall, all-in-one CNC router and knife system combo, so I would recommend it.
- Robert M Beasley from United StatesPosted on Jan 11, 2022I searched and did further research to find one upgraded CNC router that I thought would do a good job. I have been learning to use this machine for a few weeks now and it is an amazing machine for my woodworking plans. Very accurate works well with the software. I am looking forward to using this machine for many years to come. It was well worth the investment and it is an engineering marvel. I will highly recommend to anybody in the business of cabinet making. Go for it, you won't be sorry.
- Richard Pritchett from United StatesPosted on Jan 09, 2022If you are work for home furniture making, I recommend this machine 100%. It's easy to assemble. At this price range it's the best bang for your buck. Great machine for the price. There is a learning curve when getting started (mostly software) but once you understand the capabilities of the CNC router you'll be able to create many different kitchen cabinets, as well as home doors.
- Asa Uribe from United StatesPosted on Jan 07, 2022An amazing ATC CNC router with tool changer for the cost. It is packaged extremely well, and easy to put together. Works very well. It does exactly what you tell it to do. The customer service for in my opinion is outstanding. I had an issue and got the answer for it with in minutes. Very knowledgeable service team. I have made several cuts and haven’t had any problems.
- Seth Reay from AustraliaPosted on Jan 03, 2022This was my first CNC router machine and I am hooked. It was shipped quickly and straight forward to put together. The video user manual is very helpful for beginners, and guided me to understand CNC. Since learning how to run it fluently I have worked with the machine everyday and cut everything from wood to aluminum. It can cut full 4x8 sheet for most of my projects. I will be a returning customer, and recommend this kit to anyone.
- Roger Lambdin from United StatesPosted on Oct 08, 2021I was surprised by the quality of the CNC bridge saw for the price paid, and so far this machine has worked very effectively. Having said that, the machine itself has performed very well. The accuracy is good and I like that it is self contained for the countertops I do.
- Robert Salazar from CanadaPosted on Aug 08, 2021Product as advertised. For someone with no experience or any idea about CNC, I managed to get carvings on solid wood and MDF. Lots of trial and error with figuring out what settings to use for different woodworking projects. Machine running 12 hours continuously on testing sample materials with no problems. It's an awesome desktop CNC router for woodworking, but with patience on controller and software, it will work beautifully.
- JimBarr from United StatesPosted on May 29, 2021I purchased the STM1325-R1 CNC router about a year ago, due to COVID and shipping to US it took until May to receive but I'm not complaining about that. I realized after receiving the machine that I could have gotten the same machine with MACH 3 instead of their standard DSP control system. Because MACH 3 is considered standard in US, I was able to switch the machine over to M3 with the guidance of their engineer. They sent me the parts and guided me through the changeout procedure. The engineer installed MACH 3 software remotely and configured it. This is a great machine and I have made many beautiful things, like relief sculptures. It is obviously also good for parts cutout. I have had some issues with the vacuum system that we are still working out. Being new to using a CNC I was not aware that the vacuum motors were not rated for continuous use, they are primarily to hold down sheets of goods to cut nested parts that will take less than an hour or so. Not to be used for holding down work while relief sculpting, takes much too long and will burn up the motors. Many thanks to Nina, one of their sales representatives and Mike their engineer.