4 Axis CNC Router Buying Guide
Are you looking forward to DIY 4 axis CNC router kit plans or coming up with an idea to buy affordable 4 axis CNC router tables for wood, aluminum, stone, plastic, foam with small business, home use, school education, hobbyists or industrial manufacturing? Review the 2022 new 4 axis and 4th axis CNC router machine buying guide for CNC machinists, operators, beginners, wood fabricators, woodworkers, metal fabricators, metalworkers, stone fabricators, stoneworkers, and foam fabricators, we'll offer you 2022 best 4 axis CNC router machines with custom 4 axis and 4th axis rotary CNC router machine service to fit your rotary 4th axis or 4 axis CNC projects, ideas, and plans.
What Is 4 Axis CNC Router?
What Are 4 Axis CNC Routers Used For?
1. Carpentry: relief and hollow carving of hardwood furniture.
2. Furnitures: wooden doors, cabinets, panel, office, solid wood furniture, doors and windows of tables and chairs,
3. Advertising: advertising signs, logo production, acrylic cutting, plastic molding, and various materials for advertising decorations.
4. Woodworking: audio, game cabinets, computer tables, sewing machines, musical instruments.
5. Panel Processing: Insulation parts, plasticized workpieces, PCB, bowling track, stairs, anti-fold special board, epoxy resin, ABS, PP, PE and other carbon mixtures.
6. 4 axis CNC machine can be applied to aluminum cutting industry, aluminum plate, aluminum plastic plate, aluminum honeycomb plate, aluminum profile, 3D machining process, wave plate production, various kinds of artificial plate special-shaped cutting, LED, neon slotted literal cutting, plastic suction Light box mold production. Acrylic, copper plate, PVC plate, artificial stone, MDF plate and other panel processing.
1. Support A/C code format and special M code control.
2. Customizable and editable I/O interface, providing users with a wide range of development platforms.
3. Intelligent processing memory function, support breakpoint continuous carving.
4. Stronger anti-interference ability and passed a number of CE tests.
5. With parameter backup and recovery functions, it effectively prevents the loss of important parameters.
6. It can realize the processing of complex workpieces such as cylinders, prisms, and polyhedrons.
7. It is widely used in three-dimensional jade carvings, three-dimensional stone carvings, Buddha statues, stair pillars, sofas, table legs, etc.
What Is 4th Axis (Rotary Axis)?
The 4th axis is also called as the CNC indexing head of CNC machine, which is a machine tool accessory that clamps the workpiece on the chuck or between the two centers, and makes it rotate, index and position. The advantage of adding the 4th axis to the machine is that it can make the plane of the tool machining more extensive, and can reduce the repeated clamping of the workpiece, improve the overall processing accuracy of the workpiece, and help simplify the process and improve the production efficiency.
Specifically, the 4th axis can complete the tasks that the 3 axis CNC machine cannot complete at one time. It can realize multi-sided processing of the product through rotation, which greatly improves the machining efficiency and reduces the number of clamping, shorten production time.
1. The rotation angle can process multiple surfaces at the same time, which improves the overall machining accuracy of the workpiece, which is beneficial to simplify the process and improve the production efficiency.
2. The three axes are X, Y, Z three linear moving coordinates, and the 4th axis is generally a rotating axis, which can cause an angular offset between the tool and the workpiece, that is, the tool axis and the surface normal of the workpiece form an angle. One can expand the machining range, and the other can make the machining conditions better.
What Are The Functions Of The Rotary Axis (4th Axis)?
1. Calculate the rotating engraving path without unfolding the surface.
2. No need to rotate the workpiece repeatedly, and complete the tool path calculation at one time.
3. Reduce the finishing allowance, and the tool path can be roughed in layers.
4. Realize partial rotation processing, can set the angle range and length range.
5. Affected by the accuracy of the fixture, the machining of irregularly rotating workpieces usually adopts multi-face rotation positioning machining, and there are always joints between different machining directions.
6. Rotary carving without positioning joints adopts the integral method of rotating shaft, and the CNC machine generates an automatically closed rotary engraving processing path.
How To Use The Rotary Axis (4th Axis)?
1. Put it directly on the platform, so that the gantry needs to be heightened, and the platform size will not be affected when the plane is carved. The rotating shaft can be put on and taken down at any time.
2. Put the side of the platform, the diameter of the rotating shaft affects whether the gantry is heightened. If the diameter is large, the gantry needs to be heightened. If the diameter is 10cm, it is not necessary. .
3. The table top sinks, the table top sinks as a whole, put the rotary axis under the platform, if you carve the plane, put the platform on the rotary axis for carving.
What Is The Difference Between 3 Axis And 4 Axis?
3 axis CNC machine has only three coordinate axes, X, Y, and Z, while the 4 axis CNC machine has one more indexing head than the 3 axis CNC machine. The indexing head is a common accessory of CNC machines and is used for machining complex products. The best auxiliary tool, controlled by the CNC operating system, can realize linkage with other axes. It is mainly used for indexing and positioning machining of workpieces. The indexing device is generally located on the spindle of the machine tool. Under normal circumstances, the CNC machine has three basic axes, X, Y, and Z. The other rotation and feed axes are the fourth axis. The latter can realize the positioning of the tool magazine, the rotary positioning of the rotary table and the indexing head, and more advanced The system can also perform interpolation operations with the basic axis to realize four-axis and five-axis linkage.
3 axis CNC machine cannot process many surfaces even if it is horizontally rotated through the table. 4 axis is better than 3 axis in this respect. In terms of programming, the difference between 3 axis and 4 axis is basically the same. The operator who can operate the 3 axis CNC machine can quickly get started with the operation of the 4 axis CNC machine, and the operation difference will not be much worse.
What Are The Similarities And Differences Between 4 Axis And 5 Axis?
Four-axis linkage and five-axis linkage generally refer to the number of linkage control axes of the CNC machine control system. Four-axis linkage must first have four controllable axes, and the four axes can be interpolated motion control at the same time, that is, the four axes can achieve simultaneous linkage control. The motion speed during simultaneous linkage is the composite speed, and It is not separate motion control. It is a point in space that moves through four axes at the same time to reach another point in space. It moves from the starting point at the same time to the end point and stops at the same time. The motion speed of each axis in the middle is the motion interpolation of the controller according to the programmed speed. The speed of each axis is synthesized internally by the algorithm. For a four-axis machining center, it is X, Y, Z axis plus a rotation axis A (also can be B axis or C axis, the definition of A, B and C axis is corresponding to the rotation around X, Y and Z axis respectively Axis, generally the fourth axis is the A axis that rotates around the X axis or the B axis that rotates around the Y axis. This depends on the installation position of the fourth axis on the actual machine tool), and this fourth axis is not only It can move independently and can also be linked with another axis or two axes or these four axes at the same time. Some machine tools have four axes, but they can only move independently. They can only be used as indexing axes, that is, they will be stopped and locked after rotating to an angle. This axis does not participate in the cutting process. It is only used for indexing. The only type can only be called Four-axis three linkage. Similarly, the total number of axes of a four-axis linkage machine tool can be more than 4 axes, it can have five axes or more, but its maximum number of linkage axes is four axes.
5 axis CNC machining means that there are at least five coordinate axes (three linear coordinates and two rotating coordinates) on a machine tool, and it can be processed simultaneously under the control of a computer numerical control (CNC) system. Linkage means that the axes of the CNC machine reach a certain set point at a certain speed at the same time. Five-axis linkage is all five axes. The 5 axis CNC machine is a high-tech, high-precision machine tool specially used for processing complex curved surfaces. This machine tool system is useful for a country’s aviation, aerospace, military, scientific research, precision equipment, high-precision medical equipment and other industries.
$5680.00 - $10180.00
2022 top rated 4 axis CNC router 1325 with 4x8 rotary table (4th axis) is popular for woodworking, cabinet making, home decorations, mold making, sign making, arts, and crafts, now the best budget 4x8 CNC wood router machine for sale at affordable price.
$2800.00 - $3800.00
2022 best budget desktop 2x3 rotary 4th axis CNC router table kit with is an entry level CNC machine designed for for craftsman, home shop, hobby, small business, advertising, woodworking, arts, gifts, crafts, sign making, and mold making.
$2800.00 - $3500.00
4th rotary axis hobby CNC router for sign making is the best hobby CNC machine for small shop, home business, and craftsman. The rotary 4th axis CNC router machine is used for custom signs & signage or DIY signs with wood, acrylic, PVC, MDF, plastic, foam, copper, aluminum.
$6180.00 - $7000.00
2022 best 4th axis CNC router lathe machine with rotary table is designed for 2D flatbed 4x8 full sheet cutting, relief carving, 3D CNC woodworking plans. It is also known as a CNC lathe router machine. Now the rotary CNC router lathe machine for sale at low price.
$22800.00 - $35000.00
4 axis CNC router for woodworking with drum automatic tool changer spindle kit is used for routing, milling, drilling, cutting, the 4 axis wood CNC machine adopts 9KW HSD spindle kit with rotary carousel tool holder for woodworking.
$33000.00 - $41000.00
2022 best 4 axis CNC foam cutter is used to mill & cut foam board, Styrofoam, EPS foams, XPS foams, and rigid polystyrene foams to different 2D/3D shapes, and now the CNC foam cutting machine for sale at affordable price.
$23100.00 - $26000.00
CNC wood carving machine with disc ATC system and 4th rotary axis is used for carving and cutting wood furniture, cabinets, tables, chairs, doors, windows. Now the 4th axis CNC wood carving machine for sale at affordable price.
$22800.00 - $38000.00
2022 best 4 axis CNC router machine is designed for 3D curved surface carving, 4 axis is refer to X-Y-Z-A, X-Y-Z-B or X-Y-Z-C, 4 axis are linked, the four axis can work at the same time. Now the affordable 4 axis CNC router for sale at cost price.
$13000.00 - $16000.00
3D CNC router machine for woodworking with 4th axis rotary table and 8 heads is designed for rotary wood carving, 3D relief carving with cylinder sculptures, wood crafts & arts, table legs, wood spindles, stair balusters, roman columns. The 3D CNC wood router can make 8 same projects at one time.
$6800.00 - $13800.00
Affordable 4-axis 3D CNC router machine with four heads is used for 3D CNC machining of furniture mass production, 3D sculptures, and complex artworks. Now the 3D CNC router machine for sale at affordable price.
- Showing 10 results on 1 page
4 Axis CNC Router Stories
May 12, 2022How to choose a right 3 axis, 4 axis, or 5 axis CNC router machine for your CNC machining projects, ideas or plans? Let's get into the differences between 3 axis, 4 axis and 5 axis CNC machines.
Mar 03, 2022Before adding 4th axis rotary attachment on your CNC table to make wood crafts, you should first know how to use the rotary CNC router for 3D woodworking.
Feb 01, 2018It is different for a 4th axis CNC router and a real 4 axis CNC router, the machine with 4th axis, only accompanied by a rotary 4th axis system, a real 4 axis CNC machine refers to the X, Y, Z and A axis, 4 axis are linked, the 4 axis can work at the same time.
Aug 31, 20214th axis wood CNC router with 4x8 rotary table, two air-cooling spindles, which can work together or work independently, it is finished and ready to Vietnam.
Aug 31, 20214*8ft CNC router in Trinidad and Tobago uses one 4 axis rotary device fixed on front of table with 300mm diameter and 900mm length to do flat and rotary work.
Aug 31, 2021CNC router with 4 axis rotary table fixed on the side of table to reduce the moving time, which is an all-in-one machine for both sheet and column in Lebanon.
Feb 28, 2022An awesome CNC router STM1325-R1 with rotary 4th axis is ordered by our client from United Kingdom for industrial production of wooden furniture & crafts.
Feb 25, 2022This is a new design CNC router machine with rotary 4th axis named STM1325-R1 from STYLECNC, which is ordered by the customer from New Zealand. Now the CNC machine has been finished production and gets ready for New Zealand.
Customer Reviews and Testimonials
- Spencer Kloss from CanadaPosted on Jun 20, 2022I'm an artist and looking for a power tool for the fabrication of pieces to use in sculptural installations. I need to be able to cut thicker sheets of plywood at the 4x8 size. Also would be good to be able to cut metals and plastic. STM1325-R3 is the right CNC machine that meets all my needs. In addition, the rotary attachment can also make some 3D artwork sculptures.
- Sean Mahmood from United KingdomPosted on Aug 10, 2021This was my first time to own a CNC within my budget and I have used CNC router service near me before. I'm so happy with it. It was easy assemble and so far it's been really easy to use. It's taken some time getting used to the settings but we are getting the hang of it. This product exceeds our expectations by far. Safe to say this was a good choice.
- Robert Salazar from CanadaPosted on Aug 08, 2021Product as advertised. For someone with no experience or any idea about CNC, I managed to get carvings on solid wood and MDF. Lots of trial and error with figuring out what settings to use for different woodworking projects. Machine running 12 hours continuously on testing sample materials with no problems. It's an awesome desktop CNC router for woodworking, but with patience on controller and software, it will work beautifully.
- JimBarr from United StatesPosted on May 29, 2021I purchased the STM1325-R1 CNC router about a year ago, due to COVID and shipping to US it took until May to receive but I'm not complaining about that. I realized after receiving the machine that I could have gotten the same machine with MACH 3 instead of their standard DSP control system. Because MACH 3 is considered standard in US, I was able to switch the machine over to M3 with the guidance of their engineer. They sent me the parts and guided me through the changeout procedure. The engineer installed MACH 3 software remotely and configured it. This is a great machine and I have made many beautiful things, like relief sculptures. It is obviously also good for parts cutout. I have had some issues with the vacuum system that we are still working out. Being new to using a CNC I was not aware that the vacuum motors were not rated for continuous use, they are primarily to hold down sheets of goods to cut nested parts that will take less than an hour or so. Not to be used for holding down work while relief sculpting, takes much too long and will burn up the motors. Many thanks to Nina, one of their sales representatives and Mike their engineer.
- Beau Genders from AustraliaPosted on May 02, 2021This is an amazing rotary CNC router machine. I can't say enough good things about it. I think my favorite thing about the router lathe is that you have to assemble from scratch. It will give you a true understanding of all of the components and how the machine functions. Take your time and follow the manual and you will have no troubles. I think the most impressive feature is the instructions. I'm a craftsman for woodworking. I used with the DSP controller and I am extremely happy with that as well.
- Terry B Doyal from CanadaPosted on Mar 31, 2021I've helped my brother to assemble a mini CNC router for hobby, and that got me interested in one myself. I went with the prover because I felt the upgrades were worth the extra money and I was correct. I purchased directly from STYLECNC because at the time they were running a special which gave additional savings, and they have additional discounts on later purchases. Besides the added limit switches and tools, it was easy to assemble. I'm still a beginner but this machine seems great. I've also ordered the laser engraver for it and I can already see myself buy more accessories to get the most out of my investment. I've had questions and emailed STYLECNC multiple times and they have responded within 24 hours. With that kind of customer service, I feel confident recommending this CNC machine.
- Tyson from United StatesPosted on Dec 22, 2020This is my first desktop CNC for woodworking, it's an affordable hobby wood CNC machine for beginners in my budget. What I can say is that it exceeded my expectations. The unit seems very nice and I'm not having any problem getting 0.01mm or better accuracy when under load. Instructions / software is included on a CD. I am very satisfied with STYLECNC.
- Joe Aul from United StatesPosted on Dec 20, 2020This rotary CNC machine was everything the vendor promised. All the parts were of good quality, packaged well. I need one different size rotary. I emailed the vendor and in less than the 24 hours, they replied and made arrangements for me to receive a new one. And the price is not high. All of the parts worked well. I really liked the machine and it is performing exactly as I expected.
- Matthew from CanadaPosted on Nov 19, 2020This is one of the best buying and customer support experiences for me in last couple of years. It took me a little time to assemble and next one hour to do just a little CNC woodworking to test the basic functionality. This is very good CNC for beginners (I am a CNC beginner). If you are thinking of buying desktop size CNC to see if you like this type of "making things", I can't say nothing but amazing things for both STM6090 and especially customer support experience from STYLECNC.
- Daniel Pagano from United StatesPosted on Nov 10, 2020I'm so happy, that's what I need. The best thing is that the seller is very kind and has managed all my problems. It is 100% recommended, of maximum confidence. The CNC router machine will surely meet your expectations.