8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
A 3D CNC router is an automatic three-dimensional machine tool that is driven by a 3D control system and performs cutting, 2D relief carving, and 3D milling on various substrates. It needs at least three coordinate axes to work, namely X axis, Y axis and Z axis, where X represents the left and right space, Y represents the front and rear space, and Z represents the upper and lower space, thus forming a human visual 3D sense. Add an additional axis on the basis of the three axes, that is, the 4th axis or the 4 axis. The 4th axis is refer to a rotary axis for 3D cylinders. The 4 axis is refer to a swing axis for 180 degrees 3D carving projects. Add two additional axes on the basis of the three axes, that is, the 5 axis CNC machine, which can do 360 degrees 3D milling works.
Multi heads CNC router machine can be used for 3D gun stock carving, the CNC router can carve several gun stocks at one time.
How to use ArtCAM to make a tool path for 3D woodworking projects? Let's learn the six steps to make relief carving path with ArtCAM for CNC router machine.
What are the differences between 3D printer and 3D CNC router? Let's make a comparison in principles, features, applications for 3D printing and CNC machini
Every user should understand 3D machining methods and techniques for CNC wood routers in order to better play the performance of wood CNC machine.
The two sets of 3D woodworking CNC router table is designed for our Philippines clients, which is mainly used for wood door making and 3D round wood carving.
3D CNC Styrofoam cutting machine with large CNC router table of 2000*4000*1000mm, Russia customer uses it to carve EPS foam props for blacklight attractions.
Today, along with making 3D models, you can use a 3D CNC machine to make just about anything from relief sculpture to molds to items that cater to specialized businesses like aviation and auto parts. From wood to metal, it can mill and cut almost any materials, which is unmatched by a 3D printer.
A 3D CNC router with 4th axis can be applied in rotary carving for cylinders. With 4 axis linkage, you can sculpt some irregular 3D shapes in 180 angles. With 5 axis linkage, you can even mill almost any 3D models in 360 angles.
With new and innovative features, the use of 3D CNC machines continues to increase worldwide. If you are considering getting into the 3D machining business, now might be a good time. Almost all 3D machine tool prices have dropped to a freezing point. Experts attribute the price drop to the advent of 3D printers and the surge in users.
In this situation, if you are looking for an affordable solution for 3D machining for your business, here are a few professional knowledge points that you need to understand before you jump in and buy your first 3D CNC router. Once you are professional, you'll be well on your way to choosing the best machine tool to buy for your company.
In addition, the most popular 3D CNC machines in 2023 with all the necessary details are listed below this guide.
Here we go:
3D CNC router is an automated machine tool that integrates computer technology and machining technology to cut out three-dimensional shapes and contours using various materials such as wood, foam, metal, PVC, plastic, silica gel, fiberglass, carbon fiber and its composite materials, oil mud, and substitute wood. The so-called three-dimensional, according to popular theory, is just three artificially interlaced (vertical is a very characteristic understanding) direction, using this three-dimensional coordinates, it seems that the position of any point in the entire world can be determined. Three-dimensional is the three axes of the coordinate axis, that is, X-axis, Y-axis, and Z-axis, where X represents the left and right space, Y represents the up and down space, and Z represents the front and rear space, thus forming the human's visual three-dimensional sense.
The 4th axis CNC machine has only three feed axes (X, Y, Z). The Y-axis can be manually replaced by a rotation axis. At most, only three axes can be linked. From the perspective of use, it can mill and cut planes, reliefs, and cylinders.
The 4-axis CNC machine has four feed axes (X, Y, Z, A), and can only perform three-axis linkage processing. It can mill and cut planes, reliefs, cylinders, and irregular 3D shapes.
The 4-axis linkage automatic machine tool has four feed axes (X, Y, Z, A), which can be processed by four-axis linkage, and mill and cut planes, reliefs, cylinders, irregular three-dimensional shapes, corner supplement processing of 3D models.
5-axis CNC machine is a multi-axis 3D CNC machining center, usually five-axis linkage refers to the linear interpolation movement of any 5 coordinates in X, Y, Z, A, B, and C.
In other words, five axes refer to the three moving axes of X, Y, and Z plus any two rotating axes. Compared with the common three-axis (X, Y, Z three degrees of freedom) machining, five-axis machining means that when machining parts with complex geometry, the machining tool needs to be able to be positioned and connected in five degrees of freedom. Five-axis machining has the advantages of high machining accuracy and is specially used for machining complex curved surface parts.
3D CNC machine is used for stereo 3D machining technology, furniture stereo feet and cylinder, human body, buddha, goddess of mercy, sculptures, handicrafts, stair handrail, musical instruments. It can handle 3D carving and cutting on wood, stone, foam and soft metals, achieve dimension 3D machining. Huge range of 3D machining enables this machine tool to satisfy the requirements for arts, crafts, gifts, and furnitures manufacturing.
1. 360 degree 3D CNC machining expands the applications of 3D CNC machine and satisfies the demands in furnitures and crafts making industry.
2. Cylinder material is fixed by chuck thought three holders, force exerted uniformly and effectively and center positioned accurately so that the 3D machining accuracy is guaranteed.
3. Rotary's diameter and length can be customized.
4. Bi-directional orienting guides provides high positioning accuracy.
5. Restoring function enable the machine continue to work after sudden stop, such as accident tool breaking.
|Model||STM1325, STM1530, STM2015, STM21120|
|Size||4' x 4', 4' x 8', 5' x 10'|
|Materials||Wood, Metal, Stone, Acrylic, PVC, ABS, MDF, Plastic|
|Capability||2D Machining, 2.5D Machining, 3D Machining|
|Control Software||Type3, Ucancam, Artcam, Alphcam, Cabinet Vision|
|Operating System||Mach3, Nc-studio, Syntec, DSP, Siemens, Nk200, Nk260, NK300|
|Price Range||$6,800.00 - $23,000.00|
1. It can cut cylinders at 360 degrees, and further expand the range of cuts to meet the needs of furniture, gift making and other industries.
2. The three-jaw self-centering chuck clamps the cylindrical material, so that the force is uniform and effective, and the center is positioned accurately, thus ensuring the accuracy of milling and cutting.
3. The diameter and length of the rotating axis can be customized.
4. Top brand guide rails with high positioning accuracy.
5. The function of continuous carving at breakpoint and recovery after power failure can ensure the continuous processing in case of accident, knife breakage or the next day.
6. The machine body is made of thick-walled steel pipes. It provides a rigid and stable processing platform for the machine tool and all bed parts have been stress-relieved before the machine bed is processed.
7. The embedded DSP handle numerical control system with USB transmission can realize the breakpoint continuous carving and power-off memory function. The standard flash memory can realize complete offline operation, and the computer operating system can also be used.
8. The processing speed is fast and the efficiency is high, and the idle speed can reach 10000mm/min. Gantry type movement. Durable and long-term use without deformation, making the positioning accuracy more precise.
When you are considering to purchase a new or used 3D CNC machine online, you need to make all the critical steps in your online buying process from the researching & shopping process. Here are 10 easy-to-follow steps on how to buy it online.
Step 1. Plan Your Budget.
Before you shop an machine tool online or in any way, you should make a budget plan. It's hard to make your choice if you have no idea on what you can afford.
Step 2. Do Your Research.
After you plan your budget, you need to understand what is the right machine tool for yourself? What will you use it to do? Once you assess your needs, you can compare different dealers and models by checking expert reviews online.
Step 3. Request A Consult.
You can consult with our sales manager online, and we will recommend the most suitable machine tool to you after being informed by your requirements.
Step 4. Get Free Quotation.
We will offer you with our detail quotation based on your consulted machine tool. You will get the best specifications and the affordable price within your budget.
Step 5. Sign A Contract.
Both sides carefully evaluate and discuss all the details (technical parameters, specifications and business terms) of the order to exclude any misunderstanding. If you have no doubt, we will send you the PI (Proforma Invoice), and then we will sign a contract with you.
Step 6. Build Your Machine.
We will arrange the machine making as soon as receiving your signed sales contract and deposit. The latest news about building will be updated and informed to the buyer during the manufacturing.
Step 7. Inspection.
The whole production procedure will be under regular inspection and strict quality control. The complete machine will be inspected to make sure they can work very well before out of factory.
Step 8. Shipping.
Shipping will start as the terms in the contract after your confirmation. You can ask for transport information at any time.
Step 9. Custom Clearance.
We will supply and deliver all the necessary shipping documents to the buyer and ensure a smooth customs clearance.
Step 10. Support & Service.
We will offer professional technical support and free customer service by Phone, Email, Skype, WhatsApp, Online Live Chat, Remote Service. We also offer door-to-door service in some areas.
Computer Routine Maintenance
Most 3D CNC machines are operated by computers, and once the computer fails, the whole machine cannot be used, so it is also very important to maintain the computer well. Computer maintenance pay attention to the following aspects.
1. Regularly clean the dust of the chassis, use an air spray gun and a small brush to clean it regularly, and be careful that too much dust will cause the industrial control to get stuck. Pay attention to the heat dissipation device of the chassis, especially in summer, be careful that the temperature of the control line is too high to burn out the circuit board and other equipment.
2. Regularly clean up computer garbage, defragment disks, optimize the computer system, and maintain the stability of the computer system.
3. It is necessary to regularly check and kill the virus on the system, but remember not to open the anti-virus program when working, because it is easy to be disturbed when working in this way.
3.1. Anti-virus software cannot be turned on during work, be careful of interference.
3.2. It is better to use an anti-virus software for the computer. Do not install multiple antivirus software on the computer. It is easy for the computer system to be incompatible and cause the system to crash.
Routine Maintenance of Parts
1. After the machine work is completed, be sure to clean up the dust on the table and exposed electrical accessories, including the guide rails and sliders of the machine, including the screw and spindle motor of the machine. Including the industrial control box of the machine, especially a little dust in the industrial control box will cause problems with the operation of the circuit board, and it is easy to have breakpoints and run around.
2. After each use of the machine, pay attention to cleaning. Be sure to clean up the dust on the platform and transmission system, so as to ensure good heat dissipation and prevent abnormal errors of the industrial control card. Regularly clean up some material chips in the guide rails, which can prevent the debris from interfering and causing the machine to jam.
3. Regularly (weekly) lubricate the transmission system (X, Y, Z three-axis). (Note: X, Y, and Z three-axis polished rods are maintained with engine oil. High-speed butter is added to the screw rod. If the working environment temperature is too low in winter, the screw rod and polished rod (square guide rail or circular guide rail) should be washed and cleaned with gasoline first. , and then add engine oil, otherwise it will cause too much resistance in the transmission part of the machine and cause machine misalignment.)
4. When the machine is not in use, it is best to pour out the water in the water tank when the room temperature is relatively low to prevent frost cracking. Temperature does not have a great impact on the machine, but because many customers add butter to the screw, and forget to clean it in winter, it will not work every time it is turned on, and the temperature in some studios is very low. Although oil is added, it is still frozen , the machine does not work.
5. The continuous running time is less than 10 hours a day to ensure the cleanness of the cooling water and the normal operation of the water pump. The water spindle motor must not be short of water, and the cooling water should be replaced regularly to prevent the water temperature from being too high. If the working environment temperature is too low in winter, the water in the water tank can be replaced with antifreeze.
Note: Before maintaining the machine, be sure to turn off all the power, check whether the power is still on, and proceed to the next maintenance after confirming that there are no potential safety hazards.
Are you still skeptical about STYLECNC? Are you still hesitating whether to buy CNC machines from STYLECNC? What better proof of that than finding unbiased testimonials from our real customers? All the while, we continually conduct satisfaction surveys of our customers asking if they would like to have a factual review of our products and services. As you'll see in the list below, many users have shared their personal experiences. We are happy to provide customers with high-quality CNC machines and services that satisfy them, which also drives us to continue to innovate and grow.
I purchased this CNC after researching how an automatic tool changer works in advance. Easy to put together with the instructions that came with it. Contacted STYLECNC and within a few minutes I got response on software installation and setting. Great customer service. I am using the software it came with since it works well for my business. This is a great machine for someone looking to get into automated woodworking and personalized furniture making.
Absolutely awesome CNC, the instructional documents are well written, the pictures makes it super clear and straight forward to assemble and setup. Other than that, the after-sales service was great. I couldn't get the kit to run at first. Talked to the support staff from STYLECNC with WhatsApp. Solved in minutes. Turned out the emergency switch had been tripped.
I REALLY love this CNC foam router. It makes my foam work much easier. Fully automatic, high precision. I am not an expert but this kit works well for my purpose. Highly recommended.
Most efficient 3D CNC machine I have ever puchased and the only reason that I got it was to make crafts for my woodshop. It works great for me and I really suggest you guys to have it as well.
I really have to say, this CNC router with tool changer is a great idea for my works, it worked well for cutting, carving, grooving in the past 3 months, it can complete a full door making process at one time, in addition, the rotary device can help me to do some 3D milling works.