Do you have an idea to DIY or buy an affordable fiber laser cutting machine for custom metal fabrication with laser powers of 1000W, 1500W, 2000W, 3000W, 4000W, 6000W, 8000W, 10000W, 12000W, 15000W, 20000W, 30000W, or 40000W? Review 2022 best fiber laser cutter buyer's guide for machinists, operators and beginners, we'll offer you 2022 cheapest fiber laser cutting systems for stainless steel, mild steel, carbon steel, galvanized steel, tool steel, titanium, aluminum, iron, copper, brass, and alloy with expert customer service to fit your custom metal cutting plans, ideas or projects in hobby use, home shop, small business, commercial use, and industrial manufacturing.
Fiber laser cutter is a type of CNC laser metal cutting system with high quality, high speed, high precision and high efficiency, which is designed for all types of metal cutting, as well as your good metal working partner. It is equipped with different laser powers (1000W to 40000W) for cutting sheet metals and metal tubes of carbon steel, stainless steel, electrical steel, tool steel, galvanized steel, mild steel, aluminum zinc plate, aluminum alloy, aluminum, titanium alloy, brass, copper, iron, and more metals with different thicknesses.
Fiber laser is a type of high energy laser beam based on fiber amplifier that uses glass fiber doped with rare earth ions as the gain medium. The pump light irradiates the rare-earth-doped glass fiber pump source, which induces the rare-earth ions to absorb photons, and the excited radiation has the same frequency as the incident photons. Under the action of pump light, it is easy to form high power density in the fiber, which results population inversion of the laser working substance. When a positive feedback loop (constituting a resonant cavity) is properly added, the laser oscillation output can be formed. Fiber lasers have a wide range of applications, including material processing, communications, medical beauty, scientific research and military, instrumentation and sensors. It has been used for cutting, engraving, etching, marking, welding, surface treatment, cleaning, cladding, and some other applications.
Since the working medium adopted by the laser generator is in the form of an optical fiber, its features are affected by the transition properties of the optical fiber. The pump light entering the fiber generally has multiple modes, while the signal photoelectric may have multiple modes. Different pump modes have different effects on different signal modes, making the analysis of laser generators and amplifiers more complicated. The doping distribution in the fiber also has a great impact on the laser generator. In order to make the medium have gain characteristics, working ions (that is, impurities) are doped into the fiber. In general, working ions are evenly distributed in the core. However, the distribution of pump light of different modes in the fiber is non-uniform. Therefore, in order to improve the pumping efficiency, the ion distribution and the pumping energy distribution should be as close as possible. When analyzing the laser generator, in addition to the general principle of the laser generator discussed above, it must also consider its own features, introduce different models and adopt special analysis methods to achieve good analysis results.
Fiber laser generators are similar to traditional gas and solid laser generators, which are composed of pump sources, resonators, gain media. The pump light is coupled into the gain fiber through the optical system, and the gain fiber generates spontaneous emission after absorbing the pump light, and outputs stable laser beam.
A fiber laser cutting machine can cut any graphics on sheet metals, pipes and metal profiles. Whether cutting high-precision auto parts, or kitchen utensils, lighting, custom advertising, personalization, it can do this job easily.
Electronics, automobiles, aviation, aerospace, auto parts, subway parts, electrical appliances, textile machinery, precision accessories, engineering machinery, food machinery, ship building, household appliances, metallurgical equipment, tool machining, elevators, metal arts, metal crafts, metal gifts, metal decorations, advertising, kitchenware, metal external machining, and some other manufacturing industries.
Carbon steel, stainless steel, silicon steel, alloy steel, spring steel, mild steel, aluminum, galvanized steel, tool steel, aluminized zinc plate, copper, brass, pickling sheet, titanium, silver, gold, iron, alloy, and other metal sheets and tubes.
With the CNC control system, the fiber laser cutter is equipped with a laser generator to dope the pump material into the optical fiber, and the laser of a specific wavelength emitted by the semiconductor laser is coupled to make the optical fiber generate laser light. Then, the machine converges the laser beam into a small diameter spot to form a beam of high energy density and extremely bright light, which acts on the metal to be cut, which causes the temperature of the metal at the laser irradiation point to be sharp it rises and reaches the vaporization temperature instantaneously, causing evaporation and forming holes. And the machine uses this as the starting point, according to the shape requirements of the part to be cut, the laser beam and the part are moved relative to each other according to a certain trajectory to form a slit. At the same time, the auxiliary gas blowing device is used to remove the slag.
A fiber laser cutter cost is composed of the following items: 1. CNC spare parts (machine bed frame, laser generator, laser head, water chiller, gas cylinder, air storage tank, power supply, air compressor, cooling dryer, filter, exhaust fan and dust remover, slag extractor). 2. fiber laser cutting system and software. 3. shipping costs. 4. tax rates. 5. customs clearance. 6. service and technical support.
The average cost of fiber laser cutters in the market is around $39,800 based on the data from Amazon, Google, and STYLECNC.
An affordable entry-level fiber laser cutter costs from $15,800 to $32,800 with lower laser powers of 1000W and 1500W for beginners with hobbyists, the top rated automatic fiber laser cutting system cost starts from $29,800 with medium laser powers of 2000W, 3000W, 4000W, and 6000W for precision cutting in in commercial use. The best high speed industrial fiber laser cutting machines are priced from $88,000 to $500,000+ with higher laser powers of 8000W, 10000W, 12000W, 15000W, 20000W, 30000W, 40000W for thick metal fabrication in professional use. The best budget fiber & CO2 combo laser cutting machine costs from $19,800 for multipurpose to cut metal, wood, MDF, plywood, acrylic, plastic, fabric, leather.
A low cost fiber laser sheet metal cutter is priced from $16,000, while some high power sheet metal cutters cost up to $300,000+. A fiber laser tube cutter has a price range from $45,500 to $117,500 for all types of pipe cuts. An all-in-one fiber laser sheet metal and tube cutting machines is priced from $42,500 to $236,800. An automtic industrial 3D fiber laser cutting robot will cost from $49,000 to $83,500 for multi-dimensional & multi-angle metal cuts.
|Laser Type||Fiber Laser|
|Laser Power||1000W - 40000W|
|Laser Wavelength||1064 nm|
|Cooling System||Water Chiller|
|Max Cutting Thickness||200mm|
|Max Cutting Speed||60m/min|
|Price Range||$22,500.00 - $260,000.00|
|Applications||Sheet Metals and Metal Tubes|
1. It has higher electro-optical conversion efficiency, which is more than 30%. The low-power laser machine has no need of a chiller. The air cooling will greatly save power consumption during operation, save costs, and achieve the highest manufacturing efficiency.
2. It only requires electrical energy during operation without additional gas, which has the lowest operation and maintenance costs.
3. It adopts semiconductor modular and redundant design. There is no optical lens in the resonant cavity, no start-up time, and it has the advantages of no adjustment, maintenance, and high stability. It reduces the cost of accessories and maintenance time.
4. The fiber laser wavelength is 1.064 microns, which makes the laser beam with high quality and high power density. It is very conducive to the absorption of metal materials.
5. The optical transmission of the whole machine is through optical fiber, no complicated light guide system such as reflecting mirror is needed, the optical path is simple, the structure is stable, and the external optical path is maintenance-free.
6. The cutting head contains a protective lens, which makes the consumption of expensive consumables such as focusing lenses extremely small.
7. The light is exported through the optical fiber, which makes the design of the mechanical system very simple, and it is very easy to integrate with the robot or multi-dimensional workbench.
8. After the laser is added with the optical shutter, it can be multi-machine, split through the optical fiber, divided into multiple channels and work simultaneously, easy to expand the function, easy and simple to upgrade.
Fiber laser is a new type of laser cutting technology in the world that outputs a high-energy density laser beam and gathers it on the surface of the part to instantly melt and vaporize the area on the part irradiated by the ultra-fine focus spot and move the spot through the CNC controller. Irradiate the position to realize automatic cutting. Compared with the bulky gas laser and solid laser, it has obvious advantages. It has gradually developed into an important candidate in the fields of high-precision laser cutting, lidar systems, space technology, laser medicine and other applications.
It can be used for flatbed cutting and bevel cutting, and the edges are neat and smooth. It is suitable for precision cutting of sheet metals. In addition, the robotic arm can do 3D cutting instead of the 5 axis laser cutter. Compared with CO2 laser cutters, fiber laser cutters will save space and gas consumption, and has a high photoelectric conversion rate. It is a new power tool of energy saving and environmental protection, and it is also one of the world's leading technological CNC machine tools.
1. High accuracy: The laser positioning accuracy is 0.05mm, and the repeated positioning accuracy is 0.03mm.
2. Narrow slit: The laser beam is focused into a small spot, so that the focus reaches a high power density, the material is rapidly heated to the point of vaporization, and the holes are vaporized. With the relative linear motion of the light beam and the material, the hole continuously forms a narrow slit, and the width of the slit is generally 0.10-0.20mm.
3. Smooth cutting edge: There is no burr on the cutting edge, and the roughness of the cutting surface is generally controlled within Ra6.5.
4. High speed: The cutting speed can reach 10m/min, and the maximum positioning speed can reach 30m/min, which is much faster than other metal cutting tools.
5. High quality: It is a non-contact cutting, which endures little thermal influence, the part basically has no thermal deformation, and completely avoids the slump formed when the material is punched and sheared.
6. Non-destructive cutting: The laser cutting head does not come into contact with the surface of the substrate, ensuring that the parts are not scratched.
7. Good flexibility: Laser has good flexibility to cut any graphics, including metal pipes and other shaped metals.
8. Save mold investment: Laser cutting requires no mold, no mold consumption, no mold repair, saving mold replacement time, thereby saving processing costs and reducing production costs, especially suitable for processing large projects.
9. Material saving: With CNC programming, the parts of different shapes can be cut to maximize the utilization rate of materials.
10. Easy to use: Using CAD software to design graphics, using CAM software to model and output laser cutting files, using CNC controller to drive the machine to achieve automatic metal cutting..
11. Safety and environmental protection: Less waste, low noise, clean, safe and pollution-free, greatly improving the working environment.
Advantages compared with CO2 laser cutter:
1. Higher beam quality: The focus spot is smaller, the cutting line is finer, the working efficiency is higher, and the cutting quality is better.
2. Higher cutting speed: 2 times the same power CO2 laser cutter.
3. Higher stability: Stable performance and the service life of key components can reach 100,000 hours.
4. Higher electro-optical conversion efficiency: The photoelectric conversion efficiency of fiber laser cutter is about 30%, which is 3 times higher than that of CO2 laser, energy saving and environmental protection.
5. Lower cost of use: The power consumption of the whole machine is only 20-30% of the similar CO2 laser.
6. Lower maintenance cost: No laser working gas, no need for reflective lenses, save a lot of maintenance costs.
7. Convenient product operation and maintenance: Optical fiber transmission, no need to adjust the optical path.
Of course, compared with carbon dioxide laser cutter, the cutting range of optical fiber is relatively narrow. Because of the wavelength, it can only cut metal materials, and it is not easy to be absorbed by non-metals, which affects its cutting range.
Advantages compared with YAG laser cutter:
1. Higher cutting speed: The speed is 4-5 times that of YAG, suitable for mass processing and production.
2. Lower cost of use: The cost of use is less than that of YAG solid laser cutting.
3. Photoelectric conversion efficiency: The photoelectric conversion efficiency is about 10 times that of YAG.
The price of the corresponding is relatively high, so the price is much higher than that of YAG laser, but much lower than that of carbon dioxide laser cutter. But its sexual parity is indeed the highest of the three.
If you stare at the fiber laser cutting machine for a long time, it will cause very serious damage to the retina of the eye. All operators must wear laser goggles. Do not operate and observe with eyes exposed. In the cutting path of the laser equipment, it is necessary to avoid the position of any part of the body, so as not to accidentally cause unnecessary injury.
The impact of dust during cutting on the human body. Using the machine in an unsuitable working environment will have the impact of dust. Working in a dusty environment for a long time will also cause great damage to the lungs and trachea. Improper protection will cause lung and respiratory diseases.
Oxygen is often used in the laser cutting process, and sparks flying during the cutting process can easily cause fire. Therefore, there should be no inflammable and explosive materials in the working area, and corresponding protective facilities should be provided at the same time.
As far as the material is concerned, the addition of the material itself or the coating on the material will produce components that are harmful to the human body at high temperatures, so it should be noted.
Safety depends on the safety guidance of the manufacturer and whether the protective equipment purchased by the enterprise meets the protective standards. Different types of laser cutters have different degrees of damage to the human body, especially the eyes and skin. The exact grade depends on the operator's manual. First, each device comes with a protective goggle. During the cutting process, do not look at the laser for a long time, and do not look too close without a protective cover to avoid the cutting slag splashing on your body. Now almost all equipment is equipped with a dust removal system, which is basically not affected by smoke and dust. The metamorphic laser gas contains a small amount of carbon monoxide, and the carbon monoxide content is very small and will not cause harm to the human body.
When using fiber laser machines to cut projects, it is necessary to learn the use and maintenance skills, in order to better exert the effectiveness of the equipment and maximize the efficiency of the equipment.
1. Check the steel belt frequently to ensure the tension. Otherwise, if something goes wrong during operation, people may be injured and serious death may result. The steel belt looks like a small thing, but the problem is still a bit serious.
2. Check the straightness of the track and the verticality of the machine every six months, and find that it is abnormal and timely maintenance and debugging. Without this, the effect of cutting may not be very good, the error will increase, affecting the cutting quality. This is the top priority and must be done.
3. Use a vacuum cleaner to suck off the dust and dirt in the machine once a week. All electrical cabinets should be closed and dustproof.
4. The guide rails should be cleaned frequently to remove dust and other debris, to ensure that the equipment racks are cleaned frequently, and lubricating oil is added to ensure lubrication without debris. The guide rail should be cleaned and lubricated frequently, and the motor should also be cleaned and lubricated frequently, the machine can move better during cutting, cut more accurately, and the quality of the cut product will improve.
5. If any damage is found in the process of using the machine, it must be replaced in time, which is not only a type of protection for the machine itself, but also ensures that the machine always maintains an ideal cutting effect.
A fiber laser cutter needs regular inspection and maintenance. If there is deformation or other forms, you should know that the laser cutting head has been damaged a little at this time, and you need to replace it. Failure to replace will affect the cutting quality and increase the cost, and some products may need to be reprocessed to reduce production efficiency.
1. Make the power socket in good contact and the ground wire well grounded.
2. Make the voltage of the water chiller stable.
Since the refrigeration compressor is sensitive to the power supply voltage, the standard working voltage is 200 ~ 250V (100 ~ 130V for 110V models). If you really need a wider operating voltage range, you can customize it separately.
3.The mismatch of power frequency will cause damage to the machine.
Please use 50Hz or 60Hz models according to the actual situation.
4. To protect the circulating water pump, running without water is strictly prohibited.
Before the new machine is packed, the water storage tank is emptied. Please make sure that the water tank is filled with water before turning it on, otherwise the pump will be easily damaged. When the water level of the water tank is below the green (NORMAL) range of the water level gauge, the cooling capacity of the chiller will slightly decrease. Please ensure that the water level of the water tank is within the green (NORMAL) range of the water level gauge. It is strictly forbidden to use circulating pump to drain water.
5. Make sure that the air inlet and outlet channels of the chiller are smooth.
The air outlet above the chiller must be at least 1250px away from the obstacle, and the side air inlet must be at least 500px away from the obstacle.
6.The air inlet filter must be cleaned regularly.
The air filter must be removed and cleaned regularly. Serious blockage of the air filter will cause the chiller to malfunction.
7. Please pay attention to the effect of condensate.
When the water temperature is lower than the ambient temperature and the ambient humidity is high, condensation water will be generated on the surface of the circulating water pipe and the device to be cooled. When the above situation occurs, it is recommended to increase the water temperature or insulate the water pipe and the cooled device.
8. This type of laser machine is an industrial equipment, please do not allow non-professionals to operate.
Laser cutting is one of the most important application technologies in the laser processing industry. Technological workers continue to explore the laser cutting processing technology and promote the continuous development of laser cutting technology. At the same time, fiber laser cutter companies need to step out of price competition and practice internal skills. Because of their many advantages, they have been widely used in automobile, rolling stock manufacturing, aviation, chemical industry, light industry, electrical appliances and electronics, petroleum and metallurgy, etc.
With the increase in the power of laser cutting lasers, laser cutting is developing from light industrial thin plate processing to focusing on industrial thick plate cutting, and due to the improvement of high-power laser beam mode and the application of 32-bit microcomputers, it is a fiber laser cutter equipment. High speed and high precision create favorable conditions.
In order to meet the needs of 3D metal cutting in the automotive and aerospace industries, a variety of 5-axis and 6-axis 3D laser cutters have been developed. Currently, marine steel plate cutting generally uses flame cutting and plasma cutting. Deck and hull materials of special materials cannot be accurately cut. Laser cutter enterprises may wish to try high-tech operations, vigorously develop computer network engineering, and improve business efficiency through the improvement of office tools.
At the same time, the high-precision 3D robot fiber laser cutter has important strategic significance for improving the level of aerospace technology equipment. As the laser volume becomes smaller, the power increases and the auxiliary devices continue to improve for thick plate cutting and large format metal fabrication. The laser generator, power supply, host, control system and cooling circulation device are closely combined to form a complete set of compact laser cutter with small footprint and perfect function.
Strengthen the close connection with upstream and downstream enterprises in the supply chain to form a highly competitive and concentrated CNC cutting machine business circle. For some laser cutter manufacturers, it is of great significance to enhance their competitiveness and expand market share. Focus on product structure optimization, product quality improvement, core technology mastery and innovation, and the expansion of corporate brand influence.
$15800.00 - $35800.00
2022 top rated fiber laser cutting machine is designed for metal fabrication, including steel, titanium, aluminum, brass, copper, alloy, gold, silver, and iron with different laser powers (1000W, 1500W, 2000W). Now the affordable fiber laser cutter for sale at a low price, with the best fiber laser cutting system service and support.
$19800.00 - $32500.00
ST-FC1325LC flatbed fiber laser metal cutting machine combined with CO2 laser cutting system is a type of professional 4x8 hybrid laser cutter to cut metals (steel, aluminum, copper, brass, titanium, alloy, iron) and nonmetals (wood, plywood, MDF, plastic, acrylic, leather, fabric).
$45500.00 - $80000.00
2022 top rated affordable laser tube cutting machine with fiber laser source is an automatic CNC metal pipe cutting system used to cut patterns in square, round, rectangular, oval, and special shape tubes. Now the best budget fiber laser tube cutter for sale at cost price.
$17800.00 - $30500.00
Cheap 4x8 laser stainless steel cutting machine with 1000 watt fiber laser generator is designed for cutting thin metals less than 2mm aluminum, 3mm stainless steel, 4mm carbon steel, copper, and brass, now the affordable 4x8 stainless steel laser cutter for sale at a low price.
$45800.00 - $93800.00
2022 best sheet metal laser cutter ST-FC3015C is the top rated full sheet metal cutting system for metal fabrication, which is suitable for custom and personalized metal signs, metal crafts, metal arts, metal logos, metal tags, metal letters, metal words. Now the best sheet metal laser cutting machine for sale at cost price.
$26500.00 - $61000.00
ST-FC3015L is a heavy duty industrial flatbed fiber laser cutting system for sheet metal fabrication of stainless steel, mild steel, titanium, aluminium with different laser powers, such as 1000W, 1500W, 2000W and 3000W in commercial use, the laser source can be Chinese Raycus, Germany Precitec or Germany IPG brand. More than 3000W laser power, we have more industrial sheet metal laser cutters for choose.
$73800.00 - $236800.00
Affordable metal sheet & pipe fiber laser cutter is a type of automatic CNC laser metal cutting system not only for metal sheets and metal plates with different thickness, but also for metal pipes and metal tubes with different shapes.
$118000.00 - $280000.00
High speed IPG fiber laser cutter is type of high power laser metal cutting machine with 12000W power supply for commercial use of thick metal fabrication including stainless steel, carbon steel, mild steel, tool steel, brass, copper, aluminum, alloy, and rare metals in industrial manufacturing.
$26500.00 - $38700.00
Portable fiber laser metal cutting machine ST-FC6040 is an entry level hobby metal laser cutter used to cut steel, titanium, gold, silver, aluminum, brass, copper, and more metalworking plans & projects in hobbyists, home shop, small business. The portable fiber laser cutting machine is designed for cutting metal jewelry, metal signs, metal tags, metal arts and metal crafts. Now the portable fiber laser cutter for sale at affordable price.
$26800.00 - $38800.00
2022 best budget small metal laser cutter ST-FC1390 adopts fiber laser generator, fully enclosed design, environmental friendly in all types of sheet metal cutting, which is a compact entry level fiber laser cutting system for hobbyists in small business with metal signs, metal tags, metal logos, metal letters, and metal jewelry, now the hobby fiber laser metal cutting machine for sale at a low price.
$38500.00 - $235000.00
1000W/2000W/3000W fiber laser cutter is used for cutting metal parts, arts, crafts, signs, signage, logos, letters, texts, kitchenware, and more sheet metal fabrication plans. Now the best fiber laser metal cutter for sale at cost price.
$54500.00 - $116000.00
Dual-purpose fiber laser cutting machine is a commercial laser cutter system with dual functions to cut sheet metals, metal plates, metal tube, and metal pipes of steel, aluminum, alloy, titanium, copper, brass, iron, and other metal materials.
$44500.00 - $243000.00
6x12 high power fiber laser metal cutting machine with exchange pallet has faster cutting speed and high power laser source (1000W, 2000W, 3000W, 4000W, 6000W, 8000W, and up to 40000W) compared to other cutting solutions for commercial use, now the high power laser cutting machine for sale at affordable price.
$37500.00 - $107000.00
Profitable 5x10 CNC fiber laser metal cutting table ST-FC3015GC has higher cutting speed and quality compared to other metal cutting solutions. It adopts an up and down exchange platform, able to finish the platform exchanging within 15s for commercial use. Now the best fiber laser metal cutting table for sale at affordable price.
$42500.00 - $78500.00
Affordable 5x10 industrial fiber laser metal cutting machine ST-FC3015LR is used for metal tube cutting and metal sheet cutting all in one. Now the industrial 5x10 laser sheet metal & tube cutting machine for sale at cost price.
$49000.00 - $83500.00
3D robotic laser cutting machine with fiber laser source is an industrial 5 axis laser cutter robot from ABB for flexible 3D dynamic metal cut of multi-dimensional and multi-angle. The 3D laser metal cutter with robotic arm is used in 3D curved metal parts, metal tubes, auto parts, kitchenware, electronic components. Now the best 3D laser metal cutting system for sale at affordable price.
$70500.00 - $117500.00
CNC metal pipe laser cutting machine with automatic feeding system for loading & unloading can meet round tube, square tube, rectangular tube, flat tube, flange beam, channel beam, U-tube, and all types of shaped tubes and pipes cutting.