2021 Buyer's Guide to Laser Marking Machine
Are you looking forward to DIY or buy an affordable laser marking machine? Check out the 2021 new laser marker buyer's guide for CNC laser marking machinists, operators and beginners, we'll offer you the best laser marking systems of 2021 with custom laser marking service to fit your laser marking projects, ideas and plans.
What is a Laser Marking Machine?
Laser marking machine is a type of laser system with CNC (Computer Numerical Control) which adopts fiber, CO2 or UV laser beam to leave permanent marks of letters, numbers, signs, logos, patterns, pictures, photos on an 2D/3D surface such as metals (stainless steel, carbon steel, galvanized steel, alloy, copper, brass, aluminum, gold, silver, iron, titanium), wood, leather, fabric, plastic, glass which also includes color change due to chemical or molecular alteration, charring, foaming, melting, ablation, etc. This is different from ordinary inkjet printing and CO2 laser marker. Laser marker has advantages of high speed, high quality, high precision, pollution-free, safety, easy operation, free maintenance and low cost. Laser marking machines are also known as laser markers, laser mark machines, laser marker machines, laser marking systems, laser etching machines, laser stippling machines, laser labeling machines, laser printing machines and laser marking tools.
How Does a Laser Marking System Work?
Laser mark systems adopt laser beam to mark label that has been made by graphic utilities. There are both 2D laser mark for flat surfaces, and 3D laser mark for curved surfaces.
2D Laser Marking System
The mirror galvanometers are used to scan laser beam and mark on 2D surface. The f˜ lens is used to concentrate the light on the 2D surface.
3D Laser Marking System
The mirror galvanometers are used to scan laser beam and mark on 3D surface. They will move the focus lens (instead of f˜ lens) back and start adjusting the laser beam not only on X axis and Y axis, but also on Z axis.
Laser Marking Process
The system has six different marking processes include annealing engraving, marking, staining, foaming, removing and carbonizing, which is widely used in industrial manufacturing applications, school education, small businesses, home business, small shop and home shop.
What Are Laser Marking Machines Used For?
The best laser marking machines are distinguished by the laser oscillator. We have fiber laser oscillator generating a 1.06μm laser beam, a UV laser oscillator generating a 0.355μm laser beam, a CO2 laser oscillator generating a 10.6μm laser beam. UV laser converts a fundamental laser to one-third wavelength by a non-linear optical crystal. Fiber lasers are known for generating power effciently, thy are compact due to the oscillation principle. Fiber laser is more suitable for processing metals than UV laser and CO2 laser. UV lasers are effected by the laser wavelength conversions, they can make detailed processing with a low thermal effect for the materials that have a high absorption rate for these wavelengths, however, the operating cost may be high. UV laser markers are very good for plastic. CO2 lasers are more easily absorbed by clear materials because they have a longer wavelength than fiber lasers and UV lasers, this makes them good for marking glass or other clear materials. CO2 lasers are very good for PVC, paper, rubber, glass and wood.
How Many Types of Laser Marking Machine?
As you are looking for, we always call them as laser metal marking machine, laser wood marking machine, laser jewelry marking machine, laser gold marking machine, laser stainless steel marking machine, laser bearing marking machine, laser plastic marking machine, laser glass marking machine.
Laser Sources: Fiber lasers, CO2 lasers, UV lasers.
Table Sizes: Mini laser markers, portable laser markers, handheld laser markers, desktop laser markers.
Applications: Home laser markers, hobby laser markers, industrial laser marking systems.
Functions: MOPA laser markers, color laser markers, 3D laser markers, online flying laser markers.
How Much Does a Laser Marking Machine Cost?
If you have an idea to buy a cheap laser marking machine, you may wonder how much does a laser marking machine cost? how to get a fair price or final price? According to different laser powers, laser sources, laser software, control system, driving system, spare parts, kits, other hardwares and softwares, you will get a final price range from $3,500.00 to $70,000.00. A fiber laser marking machine cost is from $3,500.00 to $28,500.00. A CO2 laser marking machine cost is from $4,500 to $70,000.00. An UV laser marking machine cost is from $10,000 to $30,000.00. If you want to buy overseas, the fee of tax, customs clearance and shipping costs should be included in the final price.
What are the Advantages and Benefits?
Laser marking is one of the fastest stipping solutions available in the market. This results in high productivity and cost benefits during manufacture. Depending on the material structure and size, different laser machines (e. g. galvo lasers) or laser sources (e. g. fiber lasers) can be used to further increase the speed. It's permanent and at the same time resistant to abrasion, heat and acids. Depending on the laser parameter settings, certain materials can also be marked without damaging the surface. Thanks to the high precision of laser mark, even very delicate graphics, 1-point fonts and very small geometries will turn out clearly legible. At the same time, stipping with the laser ensures constant high-quality results.
|Laser Power||20W, 30W, 50W, 60W, 70W, 80W, 100W, 130W, 150W, 180W, 200W, 300W|
|Laser Source||Fiber laser, CO2 laser, UV laser|
|Marking Content||Letters, Numbers, Signs, Logos, Patterns, Pictures|
|Marking Materials||Metals (stainless steel, carbon steel, galvanized steel, alloy, copper, brass, aluminum, gold, silver, iron, titanium), Wood, Leather, Fabric, Plastic, Glass|
|Price Range||$3,000.00 - $70,000.00|
|Cooling Way||Air cooling, Water cooling|
|Operation System||Microsoft Windows|
How to Use a Laser Marker?
Check the waterway and circuit before turning on the power. The boot sequence is:
1. Turn on the incoming power and turn on the key switch. At this time, the machine exhaust and the cooling system are energized, and the ammeter shows a value of about 7A.
2. Wait 5 to 10 seconds, press the trigger button on the external control panel, the ammeter shows the value is zero, after 3 to 5 seconds, the krypton lamp ignites, the ammeter shows the value 7A. (Refer to the operating instructions of the laser power supply).
3. Power on the galvanometer.
4. Turn on the computer and call up the required marking file.
5. Adjust the laser power to the working current (10 ~ 18A), you can start marking.
After marking, turn off the power of each component in reverse according to the above sequence:
1. Adjust the working current of the laser power supply to the minimum (about 7A).
2. Shut down the computer.
3. Turn off the power of the galvanometer.
4. Press the stop button.
5. Turn off the key switch.
7. Disconnect incoming power.
How to Buy a Laser Marker?
We will recommend the most suitable laser stipping machine to you after being informed by your requirements.
We will offer you with our detail quotation according to the consulted laser stipping machine. You will get the most suitable specifications, the best accessories and the affordable price.
3. Process Evaluation:
Both sides carefully evaluate and discuss all the details (technical parameters, specifications and business terms) of the order to exclude any misunderstanding.
4. Placing Order:
If you have no doubt, we will send you the PI (Proforma Invoice), and then we will sign a contract with you.
We will arrange the machine production as soon as receiving your signed sales contract and deposit. The latest news about production will be updated and informed to the buyer during the production.
6. Quality Control:
The whole production procedure will be under regular inspection and strict quality control. The complete machine will be tested to make sure they can work very well before out of factory.
We will arrange the delivery as the terms in the contract after the confirmation by the fiber laser marker buyer.
8. Custom Clearance:
We will supply and deliver all the necessary shipping documents to the buyer and ensure a smooth customs clearance.
9. Support and Service:
We will offer professional technical support and free service by Phone, Email, Skype, WhatsApp, Online Live Chat, Remote Service. We also have door-to-door service in some areas.
How to Maintain a Laser Marker?
Laser marking machine is a professional CNC equipment that integrates light, machine and electricity. Nowadays, with more and more emphasis on copyright, it has become indispensable, whether it is used in manufacturing or DIY In terms of personalization, it is very popular in all walks of life. With the continuous expansion of market demand, the use of laser markers in all walks of life is becoming more and more widely, because its price is not cheap, and its maintenance is also valued by everyone.
After the machine is used for a period of time, if it does not pay attention to daily maintenance, its function is easily subject to certain wear and tear, which will directly affect the marking effect, marking speed and the life of the machine. Therefore, we must regularly perform maintenance.
1. Clean the dust, dirt and foreign matter inside the equipment, use a vacuum cleaner, alcohol and dust-free cloth to remove dust, dirt and foreign objects;
2. Check whether the focal length is within the range of the standard focal length, and test that the laser reaches the strongest state;
3. Check whether the lens of the field lens is dirty, wipe with lens cleaning paper;
4. Check whether the parameter setting screen on the laser is normal and the laser parameters are within the setting range;
5. Whether the machine is turned on normally, whether the machine main switch, laser control switch, and laser marking system switch are turned on normally;
6. Confirm that the switch is normal and effective. After pressing the switch, check whether it is energized; whether the laser is working normally.
1. Keep the machine clean and clean the surface and interior of the machine;
2. Check whether the red light preview can be turned on normally, the laser parameters are within the setting range, open the red light correction on the software to turn on the red light;
3. To clean the laser field lens, first use special lens cleaning paper dipped in alcohol to wipe in one direction, and then wipe it with dry lens cleaning paper;
4. Check whether the laser light is normal, open the software and start manual marking for laser test.
1. Check the lifting rail for looseness, abnormal noise, oil leakage, clean with a dust-free cloth and add lubricating oil;
2. Clean the dust at the air outlet of the laser to ensure normal heat dissipation. Clean the dust, waste nodes and other foreign objects inside the equipment, use a vacuum cleaner, alcohol and dust-free cloth to remove dust, dirt and foreign objects;
3. Check whether the laser light emitted by the laser becomes weak, use a power meter to test;
4. Check whether there is any looseness in the power plug and each connection cable connector, check each connector part; whether there is poor contact;
5. Check whether the red preview light path is shifted and perform red light correction.
1. Check the laser cooling fan, whether it rotates normally, and clean the laser power supply and control board dust;
2. Check whether each motion axis is loose, abnormal noise, smooth operation, clean with a dust-free cloth and add lubricating oil.
1. Please wear protective glasses when working to avoid stimulating the bright light to damage the glasses;
2. Special attention is forbidden to put your hand within the laser scanning range during use;
3. When the machine is improperly operated, resulting in an emergency, immediately press the power off;
4. To prevent electric shock, do not operate with wet hands;
5. During the operation of the machine, do not put your head or hand into the machine to avoid personal injury;
6. No specific system parameters may be changed at will without the permission of the equipment technician.
Price: $6000.00 - $16000.00
Price: $5600.00 - $6280.00
Price: $3600.00 - $8000.00
Price: $14500.00 - $28500.00
Price: $10500.00 - $11000.00
Price: $11000.00 - $16500.00
Price: $5000.00 - $6800.00
Price: $4500.00 - $5500.00
Price: $6800.00 - $7800.00
Price: $20000.00 - $50000.00
Price: $6500.00 - $8000.00
Price: $20000.00 - $70000.00
Price: $17000.00 - $22000.00
Price: $12900.00 - $20000.00
Price: $10000.00 - $30000.00
Laser Marker Stories
- Laser Marking Machine will Bring New Ideas to Food PackagingCategory: CNC Industry NewsAug 21, 2020
In the marking operation of the food packaging industry, compared with traditional inkjet printers and laser printers, laser marking machines have the features and advantages of permanent, high precision, high speed, clear, environmental protection and pollution-free.
- How to Mark Different Colors on Stainless Steel with Fiber Laser Marking Machine?
- Differences Between MOPA and Q-Switch Laser Marking Machine
- What you should know before buying a laser marking machine?
- Fiber Laser Marking System VS UV Laser Marking System
- How to Setup Laser Marking Machine System?
- How to Choose Different Types of Fiber Laser Marking Machine?
- Why Buy Fiber Laser Marking Machine for Metal?
- A Comparison of Laser Engraving Machine, Laser Etching Machine and Laser Marking Machine
- Fiber Laser Marking Machine VS CO2 Laser Marking Machine
- 3 Common Types of Laser Marking System
- Gerry R Fredericksen from United StatesPosted on Aug 30, 2020
This is my first laser marking machine. I read lots of reviews and decided to try it out. It arrived in 15 days and Was easy to assemble. I am not the fastest, but it took me a little over an hour to put it together. I am using that at the moment, and it seems to work fine.
- Richard L Hargrave from United StatesPosted on Jul 22, 2020
The engraver is great for my stainless steel engraving plan and the customer service is unbelievable. They can always respond in less than 24 hours with intime support and best solutions. Mike was very supportive and help me to install the software and always kept on the loop with the updates. Look like in PC they are still more advanced but what you can do with this laser machine connected with my laptop is really impressive. It is very easy to operate and the quality is superb. I do work professionally with AutoCAD and that's an A+ product. You are buying not only a good fiber laser engraver but a fantastic costume experience.
- Jacob from United KingdomPosted on Mar 10, 2020
I use this fiber laser engraver to customize my aluminum components and it's working absolutely swimmingly. I have had this unit for over a month and tested it on several surfaces, including aluminum, stainless steel, wood, leather, faux leather with fantastic results.
If you don't connect it to your computer ( I did not ) then you use a usb-thumb drive to transfer images from your PC to the thumb drive and then plug the thumb drive directly into the unit.
- Eduardo from NetherlandsPosted on Mar 01, 2020
Overall the actual engraving machine is pretty good, easy to use quick setup. Not as big as I expected, but more portable, easy to use, to do prints on large areas like a jacket lay it out and put the engraver on top, works fine.
- Zabier from AustraliaPosted on Feb 25, 2020
Not as big as I expected, but more portable, easy to use, to do color engraving on large areas like a jacket lay it out and put the engraving on top, works fine.
- Charles from United StatesPosted on Feb 23, 2020
I don’t write a lot of reviews but I’m compelled to write this review. The UV laser engraver has worked great for what I use it for. I use it to engrave polyethylene, polyamide, ABS and many other plastics. I love this laser machine.
- Logan Isabella from CanadaPosted on Dec 29, 2019
Very happy with the purchase. The engraving quality is very good. Be sure you use a quality image and be prepared to resize it to your needs. Engraving time is fast and it does work well. Good luck.
- Sophie from United KingdomPosted on Oct 22, 2019
This is a great personal laser marking system. It came with the user manual. It's very easy to use. Both hubby and I used it and we both enjoyed trying it out. I’m the artistic one but even my husband enjoyed using it and was already thinking about his next projects. The laser software lets you adjust the laser easily. It was so amazing to watch while it is working. We first tried using an aluminum coin, the results were amazing. Great for beginners like us. Highly recommended.
- Chris Kordas from United StatesPosted on Mar 21, 2019
The gun laser engraver is awesome for handguns deep engraving, the laser engraved patterns are very beautiful, I like it.
- Melanie from United StatesPosted on Feb 10, 2019
This is Melanie from USA, I am really happy to get a good machine from STYLECNC. The unit arrived undamaged and in working order. This is huge. The overall quality of the flying laser marking machine was as expected or slightly better. They have given me great customer service.