Desktop UV laser marking machine is a type of cold laser engraving system with Ultraviolet laser source for plastics, including PP (polypropylene), PC (polycarbonate), PE (polyethylene), ABS, PA, PMMA, silicon, glass and ceramics.
UV laser marking machine is developed with 355nm Ultraviolet laser source for plastic, silicon, glass, ceramic, which adopts a third-order intracavity frequency doubling technology. Compared with infrared lasers, 355nm UV laser has a very small focus spot, which can greatly reduce the material mechanical deformation and processing heat influence is small. UV laser marking machine are mainly used for ultra-fine marking and engraving. It is especially suitable for food and medical packaging materials, marking, micro-holes, high-speed division of glass materials, and complex pattern cutting of silicon wafers.
Ultraviolet laser marking machines are widely used in some high-end markets for fine processing. For example, some high-molecular materials for cosmetics, marking of flexible PCB boards, micro-controlling of silicon wafers, and 2D code marking of LCD liquid crystal glass, various metals, plastics, building materials, communication equipment (mobile phone screens, mobile phone cases, iPhone cases, Huawei mobile phone cases, samsung mobile phone cases, OPPO mobile phone cases, XIAOMI mobile phone cases).
The principle of UV laser marking system is similar to the most common laser marking machines, which use laser beams to make permanent marks on the surface of various materials. The effect of marking is to directly break the molecular chain of the substance through the short-wave laser (different from the evaporation of the surface substance produced by the long-wave laser to expose the deep substance) to reveal the pattern and text to be etched.
Ultraviolet laser marking is a type of cold engraving method. The engraving process is called the "photoetching" effect. "cold processing" has a very high load of energy (ultraviolet) photons, which can break the chemical bond in the material (especially organic material) or the surrounding medium. To cause the material to undergo non-thermal process damage. There is no heating or thermal deformation on the inner layer and nearby areas of the processed surface. The high-energy molecules of ultraviolet photons directly detach the molecules on the metal or non-metal materials that need to be processed. However, this detachment causes the molecules to separate from the material. This way of working does not generate heat, because it does not generate heat. As a result, the method of UV laser processing has become cold processing, which is the source of the difference from traditional fiber laser marking systems.
The UV laser marking machine is based on its unique low-power laser beam, so it can perform ultra-fine marking and special material marking. It is the first choice for customers who have higher requirements for marking effects. It is especially suitable for the high-end market of ultra-fine processing, with fine effects and clear and firm markings.
Ultraviolet laser marking machine has high beam quality and small focused spot, which makes marking finer and higher definition; and the heat-affected area is small, no thermal effect is generated, and the deformation or scorching of the processed material is avoided. The applicable materials are particularly wide, which solves the problems of insufficient detail and poor effect of fiber laser marking for many materials. The marking speed is fast and the efficiency is high. The function of online flying marking can be realized on the assembly line.
1. UV laser marking machine adopts 355nm pumped UV laser device, so as to get smaller diameter of focusing spot and fine marking effect.
2. The metal absorb UV higher than infrared and therefore more suitable for UV laser marker marking on metal and glass materials compared with infrared pump machine.
3. Narrower pulse width of UV laser makes a shorter time of processing on materials, thus the materials avoid being deformed or burnt due to thermal.
4. With smaller heat affected area and more beautiful marking effect, our products UV laser marking system can meet customer with higher marking requirements.
5. The UV laser machine is equipped with safety shield, which can effectively isolate the purple radiation, to ensure the safety of UV laser marker operators.
6. UV laser machine is equipped with a professional water cooling machine, air-cooled water circulation cooling, with water-cooled high efficiency and air-cooled small size.
7. Low energy consumption, environmentally friendly, no consumables. Little affect area, no heat effect, without material burned problem.
Frequency tuning Q
Min line width
Accuracy of repetition
Electrical power requirement
1. Electronic components, battery chargers, electric wire, computer accessories, mobile phone accessories (mobile phone screen, LCD screen) and communication products.
2. Automobile and motorcycle spare parts, auto glass, instrument appliance, optical device, aerospace, military industry products, hardware machinery, tools, measuring tools, cutting tools, sanitary ware.
3. Pharmaceutical, food, beverage and cosmetics industry.
4. Plastic, glass, crystal, arts and crafts of surface and internal thin film etching, ceramic cutting or engraving, clocks and watches and glasses.
5. Polymer material, majority of the metal and non-metallic materials for surface processing and coating film processing, previous to light polymer materials, plastic, fire prevention materials, etc.
PP (polypropylene), PC (polycarbonate), PE (polyethylene), ABS, PA, PMMA, Silicon, Glass, and Ceramics.
Types of Plastics You can Engrave with UV Laser Marking System
Poly ether ketone (PEEK).
Polyarylsulfone (PSU, PPSU).
Polyethylene terephthalate (PET).
Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene copolymer (ABS).
Through the above content, everyone has a certain understanding of the UV laser marking machine for plastic, silicon, glass, ceramic, and crystal. When you start to buy, you need to compare from many aspects, like the quality and service, you can’t just judge from the price. If you have any questions, you can get free quote from STYLECNC.
All the CNC laser machines can be shipped worldwide by sea, by air or by international express logistics via DHL, FEDEX, UPS. You are welcome to get a free quotation by filling up the form with name, email, detailed address, product and requirements, we will shortly contact you with the full information including the most suitable delivery method (fast, secure, discreet) and freight.