Everything You Need To Know About The Best Laser Cutters In 2021?
A laser cutter is a type of laser cutting system with CNC (Computer Number Controlled) controller that adopts laser beam to cut metal and non-metal materials. Laser cutter is mainly used for industrial manufacturing, school education, small business, home business, small shop, home shop and hobbyists.
Types by Table Sizes:
Mini laser cutters, Small laser cutters, Hobby laser cutters, Portable laser cutters, Tabletop laser cutters, Desktop laser cutters, Large format laser cutters.
Types by Laser Sources:
Fiber laser cutters, CO2 laser cutters.
Types by Cutting Materials:
Metal laser cutters, Wood laser cutters, Paper laser cutters, Leather laser cutters, Fabric laser cutters, Acrylic laser cutters, Plastic laser cutters, Foam laser cutters.
Stainless steel, Iron, Copper, Carbon steel, Alloy, Acrylic, Delrin, Films & Foils, Glass, Rubber, Wood, Plastics, Laminates, Leather, Metal, Paper, Foam&Filters, Textiles.
Industrial manufacturing applications, school education, small businesses, home business, small shop and home shop for Architectural Models, Fablabs & Education, Medical Technology, Smartphones and Laptops, Rubber Stamps Industry, Awards & Trophies, Packaging Design, Giveaways, Sign&Displays Industry, Automotive Industry, Electronics Industry, Signage, Ball bearing, Mechanical engineering, Jewelry Industry, Watches, Barcodes serial numbers, Dataplates Industry, Machining Industry.
CO2 Laser Generator
Since laser technology was introduced to cut thin metal sheets, CO2 laser generators have dominated the market. The CO2 laser light source requires a lot of energy to excite nitrogen molecules to collide with CO2 molecules (laser gas), prompting them to emit photons, and finally forming a laser beam that can cut through the metal. The molecular activity in the cavity releases light as well as heat, which requires a cooling system to cool the laser gas. This means that more energy is consumed during the cooling process, further reducing energy efficiency.
Fiber Laser Generator
The machine using the fiber laser generator occupies a small area, the laser light source and the cooling system are also smaller; there is no laser gas pipeline, and no need to adjust the lens. The 2000W or 3000W fiber laser light source only needs 50% of the energy consumption of the 4000W or 6000W CO2 laser light source to achieve the same performance, with faster speed, lower energy consumption and less impact on the environment.
The fiber laser generator uses solid-state diodes to pump the molecules in the double-clad ytterbium-doped fiber. The stimulated emission of light passes through the fiber core multiple times, and then the laser is output through the transmission fiber to the focusing head for cutting. Since all intermolecular collisions occur in the fiber, no laser gas is needed, so the energy required is greatly reduced-about one-third of the CO2 laser generator. As the less heat is generated, the volume of the cooler can be reduced accordingly. In short, while achieving the same performance, the overall energy consumption of fiber laser generators is 70% lower than that of CO2 laser generators.
|Laser Power||80W ~ 3000W|
|Laser Type||Fiber Laser, CO2 Laser|
|Price Range||$2,600.00 - $300,000.00|
- No. 1
Model Number: ST-FC3015E
Sale Price: $22500.00 to $34500.00
Top rated fiber laser cutting machine is designed for metal fabrication, including steel, aluminum, titanium, alloy, brass, copper, iron with different laser powers (1000W, 1500W, 2000W). Now the affordable fiber laser cutter for sale at low price, with the best fiber laser cutting system service and support.
- No. 2
Model Number: STJ1390
Sale Price: $3500.00 to $4500.00
2021 top rated 100W CO2 laser wood cutting machine is an affordable laser wood cutter with CNC controller for beginners to engrave & cut wood (hardwood, softwood, solid wood, plywood, MDF) for crafts, 3D puzzles, letters, earrings, panels, signs, logos, arts, gifts and more designs into different 2D/3D shapes & profiles. Now the 2021 best affordable wood laser cutter for sale at cost price, free wood laser cutting service and support within your budget.
- No. 3
Model Number: ST-FC3015CR
Sale Price: $73500.00 to $136500.00
Multi-purpose metal sheet and pipes fiber laser cutter is a type of CNC laser metal cutting system designed to not only metal sheets and metal plates with different thickness, but also metal pipes and metal tubes to different shapes.
- No. 4
Model Number: ST-FC6040
Sale Price: $31500.00 to $42500.00
Portable fiber laser metal cutting machine ST-FC6040 is an entry level metal laser cutter used to cut steel, titanium, gold, silver, aluminum, brass, copper and other metalworking. The portable fiber laser cutting machine is designed for cutting metal jewelry, metal signs, metal tags, metal arts and metal crafts. Now the portable fiber laser cutter for sale at affordable price.
- No. 5
Model Number: ST-FC1390
Sale Price: $32300.00 to $49300.00
ST-FC1390 compact flatbed small metal laser cutter adopts fiber laser generator, fully enclosed design, environmental friendly in all kinds of metal cutting, which is an entry level fiber laser cutter used in small business of metal signs, metal tags, metal logos, metal letters and metal jewelry, now the compact flatbed small fiber laser metal cutting machine for sale at affordable price.
- No. 6
Model Number: STJ1390-2
Sale Price: $3800.00 to $6500.00
Dual head entry level CO2 laser cutter has double table, blade table and honey comb table, which is mainly used for home shop and home business, now the best CO2 laser cutter for sale at an affordable price.
- No. 7
Model Number: STJ1610-CCD
Sale Price: $4800.00 to $6000.00
CNC laser cutter with CCD camera visual recognition system, which can automatically recognize the contour pattern of fabric, leather, textile, garment for accurate cutting.
- No. 8
Model Number: STJ1390M-2
Sale Price: $8800.00 to $16000.00
Most compact CNC metal cutter with mixed laser cutting head can up and down according to the metal and nonmetal materials surface, which is one mixed metal and nonmetal laser cutter.
- No. 9
Model Number: STJ1630A-CCD
Sale Price: $8500.00 to $15000.00
Digital printing fabric contour laser cutter with big CCD camera is ideal for cutting digital printing textile fabrics of all shapes and sizes, such as team uniforms, sportswear, polo shirt, jersey, swimwear, cycling apparel, sports shoes, banners, flags, stripe matching, plaid matching, repetitive visual pattern fashion garment, bags, suitcase, soft toys, etc.
- No. 10
Model Number: STJ1325M
Sale Price: $8000.00 to $16500.00
Mixed laser cutting system is designed for cutting thick nonmetal materials and thin metal materials, such as acrylic, MDF, die board, 2mm stainless steel with perfect cutting effect and high cutting speed.
- Showing 10 results on 1 page
Expert Reviews and Testimonials
- Danny from South AfricaPosted on Apr 20, 2021Best machine i have ever bought. Good quality cuts and Cost effective. Will Highly recommend again.
- Randy Devine from United StatesPosted on Apr 08, 2021I got one of these machines for my woodshop. I could have bought a similar wood laser cutter elsewhere for almost $2000 less. So why buy this one? Quality and features. Unlike the cheaper ones, this machine clearly underwent a QC process prior to shipment. It arrived ready to use. The mirrors were adjusted well enough to use the machine right out of the box. The mirror adjustment screws were retained with silicone to prevent movement in shipping. Unlike cheaper versions of these machines, the wiring was solidly connected with wire nuts, crimp terminals, and locking connectors and/or glue. I found no loose wires. Earth grounds were solidly connected and electrically sound, I measured less the 0.1 ohm to earth ground at both the power cord ground pin and the machine ground terminal. All non-crimped electrical connectors including PCB and power supply connectors were sealed with silicone. Cables were well bundled and retained with zip ties. With this machine, I was able to attach a water tank, power it on, and cut. Its amazing for cutting 1/4" and 1/8" wood.
I was happily surprised with the extras that are included. You get the aiming red laser, a strip of LEDs that illuminate the inside of the box, a powerful internal fan motor, temp sensors on the power supply and the tube, and venting of the electrical compartment. I thought I would have to add these myself. The only thing missing is an "open-door" shutoff switch for safety. You can easily add one of these with a microswitch and a two wire cable to the K+ - pins on the power supply.
Finally, a word about safety. CO2 lasers are invisible and thus EXTREMELY dangerous. Since you can't see the beam, it does not trigger a blink reflex. The first you know of a problem is when your retina boils. Really. If you get one of these machines you MUST purchase a set of safety glasses. Wear them whenever the machine is powered on, whether the laser is active or not. Make sure the lenses you buy are marked with the proper wavelength and an "OD" number, representing factor of 10 reduction. For instance, OD2 reduces power by 100, OD3 by 1000, etc. The wavelength of a CO2 laser is about 10600nm. The glasses should have an OD of at least 6 and preferably 7 for that wavelength. The lens will be marked something like "9000-11000 OD7+" directly on it. A decent pair will cost $30-$50. If the lenses are very cheap, avoid them.
Overall I am very happy with this purchase.
- Joshua Olivia from CanadaPosted on Apr 01, 2021I was excited to use this hobby laser cutter for some school projects. I purchased this product after extensive research and watching quality reviews on Youtube and different forums. For the price, it did not seem to be a bad option at all and easily upgradable.
It is a great starting out laser cutter. It will take some learning but after a few projects and using the software it will all make sense and become easier to use. Like many others here, the cutting job went great, the results were crisp and clean and I thought I'd found an amazing product that was perfect for me. For the price this is a super start up laser. I feel it is money well spent.
- Mohammed Blake from United KingdomPosted on Mar 18, 2021My husband uses this metal laser cutter with a little Etsy business and loves it. It cuts through 3mm stainless steel, brass, etc. without problem. Got it set up and cutting in one evening, but that was because husband understands machines and son had used one at school. The machine bed can hold bigger things, but the max laser cut lines are 35"x50". Do your research before buying it, because it's not just "this machine" you need, but matching kit. Highly recommend it, especially if you've never laser cut before, you can get a lot of good experience before upgrading to a more expensive one.
First of all things, if you order this machine, fix the wiring so it the chassis is properly grounded. If the high voltage power supply wire got damaged causing a short, the chassis could become hot with high voltages.
Great value for the money, but not for the faint of heart due to lack of safeties, buy some eye protection.
- Kamogelo from South AfricaPosted on Mar 17, 2021We've been using it for about 2 months for metal jewelry. With it's built-in software, safety features, and great support service, it's truly the best metal laser cutter for the crafter or small business. The unit was shipped very promptly and was well packaged.