2022 Best Metal Laser Engraver Buying Guide
Do you have an idea to DIY or buy an affordable laser engraver for metal? Check out the 2022 best metal laser engravers as follows, we'll offer you the best CNC laser metal engraving machines of 2022 with expert customer service and support to fit your CNC metal engraving plans, ideas and projects.
What is Metal Laser Engraver?
Metal laser engraver is a type of CNC laser engraving system with fiber laser source for 2D/3D metal engraving on stainless steel, carbon steel, aluminum, galvanized steel, silver, alloy, gold, copper, titanium, iron and brass. Metal laser engravers can make 2D laser engraving, color laser engraving, rotary laser engraving, online flying laser engraving, deep laser engraving and 3D laser engraving on metal surface. CNC metal laser engraving machine uses the laser beam to remove the specific part of the metal material, so as to achieve the desired effect or mark. In metal engraving applications, the laser beam is like a chisel used in CNC engraving, chiseling away excess metal material. A laser engraver is the best way to engrave metals without tools.
How Does a Metal Laser Engraver Work?
Metal laser engravers can be equipped with MOPA fiber laser source for color engraving on stainless steel and titanium. Metal laser engravers can be equipped with rotary device for laser engraving on rings, bracelets and bangles jewelry. Metal laser engravers can be equipped with online flying system for mass production with continuous manufacturing process. Metal laser engravers can be equipped with high laser power for deep laser engraving on metal. Metal laser engravers can be equipped with 3D system for laser engraving on aspheric surface, angular surface, rollers, pipes, cylinders and most curved surface.
How Many Types of Laser Engravers for Metal?
Metal laser engraver is also known as laser metal engraving machine, metal laser engraving machine, laser metal engraver, laser engraver for metal, laser metal engraving system, laser metal engraving equipment, laser metal marking machine, metal laser marking machine, laser metal marker, metal laser marker, laser metal printing machine, metal laser printer, metal laser printing machine, laser metal printer, laser metal etching machine, metal laser etching machine, CNC metal engraving machine.
Laser metal engraving machines can be divided into small laser metal engraving machine(small metal laser engraver), mini laser metal engraving machine(mini metal laser engraver), handheld laser metal engraving machine(handheld metal laser engraver), portable laser metal engraving machine(portable metal laser engraver), desktop laser metal engraving machine(desktop metal laser engraver), tabletop laser metal engraving machine(tabletop metal laser engraver), large format laser metal engraving machine(large format metal laser engraver) according to sizes. laser metal engraving machines can also be divided into home laser metal engraving machine(home metal laser engraver), hobby laser metal engraving machine(hobby metal laser engraver), industrial laser metal engraving machine(industrial metal laser engraver) according to applications.
What Are Metal Laser Engravers Used For?
Metal laser engravers are used for engraving, etching or marking on stainless steel, aluminum alloy, alumina, tungsten steel, zinc alloy, titanium alloy, gold, silver, copper, iron, bamboo products, leather products, plastics, silica gel, paper, acrylic, glass, ceramics, jade, porcelain, PC board, PU and other materials.
Metal laser engraving machines are applied in electronic components, hardware products, tool accessories, integrated circuits (IC), electrical appliances, mobile communications, precision equipment, glasses and watches, jewelry, auto parts, plastic buttons, building materials, PVC pipes, PPR Pipe, medical equipment and other industries.
|Laser Types||Fiber laser|
|Laser Power||20W, 30W, 50W, 60W, 100W|
|Engraving Content||Letter, Number, Word, Name, Sign, Logo, Tag, Pattern, Picture|
|Engraving Materials||Aluminum, Carbon steel, Stainless steel, Galvanized steel, Silver, Alloy, Gold, Copper, Titanium, Iron, Brass|
|Applications||Metal Tags, Metal Arts, Metal Crafts, Metal Gifts, Metal Electronic Components, Metal Instruments, Metal Meters, Metal Hardware, Metal Jewelry, Metal Keyboard, Metal Mobile/iPhone Case, Guns, Firearms, Weapons, Package, Metal Coins|
|Price Range||$3,000.00 - $22,000.00|
What are the Advantages of Laser Engravers for Metal?
Compared with traditional mechanical metal engraving, laser engraver has many advantages in metal engraving:
1. Laser metal engraving does not need to contact the engraved workpiece, so many fixtures and tools are omitted, and the workpiece will not generate internal stress after engraving, ensuring the original accuracy of the workpiece.
2. No corrosion to the working surface, no "tool" wear, no poison, no pollution.
3. The high-precision characteristics of laser engraving are also particularly suitable for the processing of complex graphics.
4. The mark will not fade due to environmental relations (touch, acid and reduced gas, high temperature, low temperature, etc.), and it has high anti-counterfeiting.
5. Non-contact: Laser metal engraving is processed by a non-mechanical "light knife", which can print marks on any regular or irregular surface.
6. Low operating cost: The engraving speed is fast and the engraving is formed at one time, with low energy consumption and low operating cost. Although the equipment investment of the laser metal marking machine is larger than that of the traditional engraving tools, from the operating cost, the use of the laser metal etching machine is much lower.
What are the Features of Metal Laser Engraver?
Metal laser engraving machine uses a laser beam to make permanent marks on the surface of various materials. The effect of engraving is to expose deep material through the evaporation of surface material, or to engrave traces by light energy causing chemical and physical changes on the surface material, or to burn off part of the metal material through light energy to show the text or pattern to be etched.
1. It can process most metal or non-metal materials.
2. The laser is processed with non-mechanical "tools", which does not produce mechanical extrusion or mechanical stress on the material, has no "tool" wear, is non-toxic and rarely causes environmental pollution.
3. The laser beam is very thin, so that the consumption of the processed material is small.
4. During engraving, it will not generate X-rays like electron beam bombardment and other processing methods, nor will it be interfered by electric and magnetic fields.
5. The operation is simple, the use of computer numerical control technology can realize automatic processing, can be used for high-speed and high-efficiency processing of parts and components on the production line, and can be used as a part of the flexible processing system.
6. The precision workbench can be used for fine micro processing.
7. Use a microscope or camera system to observe or monitor the condition of the processed surface.
8. It can pass through light-transmitting materials (such as quartz, glass) to process its internal parts.
9. The prism and mirror system can be used to focus the beam on the inner surface or inclined surface of the workpiece for processing.
10. Can mark bar codes, numbers, characters, patterns and other signs.
11. The line width of these signs can be as small as 12mm, and the line depth can be up to 10mm or less, so it can mark the zero surface of the "millimeter" size.
When the common metal materials are engraved, lines with a depth of several microns or more (the width can be several microns to tens of microns) are ablated from the surface to make the color and reflectivity of the lines different from the original ones, resulting in visual contrast, so that people can be sensitive to these lines (and the shape codes, numbers, patterns, trademarks, etc. formed by the lines). For glass, these ablated lines have a "dullening" effect. For plastics, due to the photochemical reaction and ablation, there are visual contrast and smoldering effects. If the surface of the material is coated with a special colored substance for marking, the colored substance will be fixed (a high temperature ablation with the material) on the line and make it colored.
Light Engraving VS Deep Engraving for Metal
Laser metal engraving is divided into two types: light engraving and deep engraving (relief engraving). Generally, the depth of light engraving is 5-25mm, the depth of deep engraving is generally deeper, and the specific depth depends on the different metals, the laser power and the time of engraving.
Light engraving is mainly used for permanent marking on the surface of various tools and parts. Deep engraving is mainly used for engraving abrasive tools, seals, etc.
Generally speaking, the engraving depth is related to factors such as the absorption of the laser by the engraved material, the power of the laser, and the action time of the laser on the engraved metal. Deep engraving usually requires a longer action time. Deep and light engravings can be carried out on the surface of various metal materials, such as signs, identification codes, company logos, and more complex images.
How to Choose a Metal Laser Engraver Manufacturer?
As a guaranteed CNC metal laser engraving machine manufacturer and supplier, STYLECNC provides all kinds of best laser metal engraving machine for sale to fit your metal engraving works.
STYLECNC's metal laser engraving machines are equipped with genuine CNC metal laser engraving software and CNC metal laser engraving system, the best original metal laser engraver parts.
STYLECNC offers cost price for your metal laser engraving plans without any intermediate. You will get the best laser metal engraving machines with affordable price from us.
STYLECNC also offers smart metal laser engraving solutions, 24/7 one-to-one free service and support, which is available free.
How to Buy a Laser Engraver for Metal?
We will recommend the most suitable CNC metal laser engraver to you after being informed by your requirements.
We will offer you with our detail quotation according to the consulted metal laser engraver. You will get the most suitable specifications, the best accessories and the affordable price.
3. Process Evaluation:
Both sides carefully evaluate and discuss all the details (including the specifications, technical parameters and business terms) of the order to exclude any misunderstanding.
4. Placing an order:
If you have no doubts, we will send the PI (Proforma Invoice) to you, and then we will sign a contract with you.
We will arrange the laser machine production as soon as receiving your signed sales contract and deposit. The latest news about production will be updated and informed to the CNC laser metal engraver buyer during the production.
6. Quality Control:
The whole production procedure will be under regular inspection and strict quality control. The complete CNC laser metal etching machine will be tested to make sure they can work very well before out of factory.
We will arrange the delivery as the terms in the contract after the confirmation by the metal laser engraver buyer.
8. Custom Clearance:
We will supply and deliver all the necessary shipping documents to the CNC laser metal marking machine buyer and ensure a smooth customs clearance.
9. Support and Service:
We will offer professional technical support and free service by Phone, Email, Skype, WhatsApp, Online Live Chat, Remote Service. We also have door-to-door service in some areas.
$3800.00 - $4200.00
2022 top rated deep laser engraving machine for metal with 50 watt fiber laser source the best way for deep engraving metal (guns, firearms, parts, tools, stainless steel, titanium, aluminum, brass) and nonmetal surface. The fiber laser engraving system can also cut thin metals. Now the fiber laser metal engraving machine for sale at affordable price.
$2800.00 - $4000.00
Portable laser engraver with JPT fiber laser source is used to etch tools, parts, jewelry, watches, phone case, keypad, rings, tags, electronic components with metal and plastic. The portable laser engraving system is compact and easily carried or moved like the handheld type, now the portable laser engraving machine for sale at affordable price.
$3800.00 - $11000.00
2022 best budget laser engraver for gun stippling and grip texturing is equipped with IPG fiber laser generator for 2D/3D color engraving or deep engraving on gun grip, PMAGs, gun barrel, gun stock, gun magazine, gun magazine holder, gun muzzle, and gun cylinder of metals, carbon fibers, polymer plastics. Now the best fiber laser gun engraving machine for sale at affordable price with 24/7 customer service and support.
$3000.00 - $9000.00
Mini handheld laser marking machine with 20W/30W/50W/100W fiber laser source is small and portable to be operated while being held in the hand for engraving metal, plastic, leather, alloy, jewelry, medical devices, mobile case, electron components, and more plans. The handheld fiber laser engraver is portable with mini size. Now the portable handheld mini laser etching system for sale at affordable price.
$5000.00 - $6800.00
Color laser engraving machine for metal with MOPA fiber laser source is used to engrave white, black, grey and colors on metals of stainless steel, chromium, and titanium. Now the best MOPA color metal laser engraver for sale at cost price.
$8500.00 - $11000.00
Dynamic focusing 3D fiber laser engraver with rotary attachment is used to etch & engrave on 3D curved surface of metals and nonmetals. Compared with the ordinary fiber laser engraving machine, it can make rotary engraving and 3D embossing projects. Now the best 3D rotary laser engraver for sale at affordable price.
$19800.00 - $22000.00
100W IPG fiber laser metal engraver cutting machine is used to make personalized jewelry such as rings, earrings, bracelets, pendants, necklaces, brooches, cufflinks and other personal ornaments with stainless steel, titanium, aluminum, copper, brass, alloy, silver, gold with names, logos, signs, letters, numbers, patterns or photos. Now the best metal laser cutter engraving machine for sale at an affordable price within your budget.
$4800.00 - $6200.00
2022 top rated 3D laser metal engraving system with fiber laser source is especially used for deep etching to realize the 3D surface, and the 3D laser metal engraver has enclosed structure for safe protection. Now the affordable 3D laser metal etching machine for sale at low price.
$6600.00 - $8200.00
2022 best budget fiber laser engraving machine with XY axis moving table is used to DIY, custom, personalize, repair or refurbish iPad, iPhone, and mobile business, you can engrave numbers, letters, signs, logos, names, patterns, or IMEI on the shell, case, accessories, or parts of iPhone, iPad, and more mobiles and pads.
$2600.00 - $3600.00
20W online flying Raycus fiber laser marking system is used for marking on the fly (MOTF) in industrial mass production and assembly line production with metal parts, tools, tags, signs, wire, electron components. Now the online flying industrial fiber laser printing system for sale at affordable price.
$5200.00 - $6800.00
2022 best rotary fiber laser engraver is a new type of MOPA laser marking system with rotary attachment to DIY custom patterns with black, white, colors on cups, mugs, and tumblers made of stainless steel, titanium, aluminum, copper, brass, gold, silver, and plastic.
$4800.00 - $11800.00
Hobby laser engraver with full enclosed cover to keep the smoke in the protection case for health and safety. 2022 best hobby laser engraving machine has advantages of healthy, environmental and user friendly, which is suitable for small business and home shop.
- Showing 12 results on 1 page
Feature Stories & Articles
Aug 26, 2022Looking for 2022 top rated affordable laser engraver with rotary attachment for custom YETI cups, mugs, ramblers, or tumblers with best budget? Review 2022 best laser engraving machine buying guide to personalized cups, tumblers, ramblers, and mugs of stainless steel, glass, ceramic, titanium, aluminum, copper, brass, silver, gold, wood, plastic, acrylic, paper, stoneware, melamine with letters, logos, signs, monograms, names, vinyls, glitters, patterns, and pictures.
May 20, 2022Except for marking black, white, gray, the MOPA fiber laser marking system can also etch colors (orange, yellow, red, purple, blue, green) on stainless steel, chrome, and titanium. Today, we will explore how does a fiber laser engraver mark different colors on stainless steel.
Dec 02, 2022Looking for an affordable CO2 or fiber laser engraver cutter for custom jewelry maker with hobbyists or business to make money? Need a CNC laser jewelry engraver cutting machine for beginners? Review this guide to buy 2022 best laser jewelry cutter engraving machine for personalized jewelry gift & jewelry box making with metal, silver, gold, stainless steel, copper, brass, aluminum, titanium, glass, stone, acrylic, wood, silicon, wafer, zircon, ceramic, film.
May 19, 2022Looking for a laser engraver to engrave logos, signs, names, tags, patterns or photos on knife blade blanks or knife handles? Review 2022 best CO2 or fiber laser engravers for knives with 3d deep engraving, online flying engraving, color engraving and black white engraving.
May 26, 2022Fiber laser marking system adopts laser wavelength of 1064nm fiber laser, and UV laser marking system adopts laser wavelength of 355nm ultraviolet laser (pumped purple light laser). Different working principles make them with different applications.
Nov 09, 2019The following procedures are listed for reference only to provide a general overview of the laser marking machine setup process. Refer to the laser marking machine installation and maintenance manual for complete setup details.
May 23, 2022Fiber laser marking machine is professional to mark on stainless steel, iron, copper, magnesium, aluminum, gold, silver, titanium, platinum and other metals. It can meet the requirements of higher depth, smoothness and fineness of the fiber laser marker.
Mar 16, 2020There are some differences between laser engraving machine, laser etching machine and laser marking machine. How to distinguish them, STYLECNC will tell you as following.
May 25, 2022Need a CNC sign making machine to custom signage for your home & business to meet your budget and style? Review the guide on how to make custom signs with CNC router, laser engraver, laser cutter, plasma cutter or other CNC machines.
Aug 30, 2021Compared to traditional mechanical engraving, chemical etching, screen printing, ink printing, you can get 10 major benefits from fiber laser engravers (fiber laser marking machines).
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
- Alexander Brabyn from AustraliaPosted on Nov 13, 2022I purchased this fiber laser engraver after researching how to videos and learning its pros and cons in advance. Assembly was sort of easy with the instruction book. The software that comes with it is easy to use. I have done a few tests for 3D deep relief engraving and stippling guns with some examples and a couple of my own creations. It worked well and resulted in smooth and clear patterns. A great gun engraver kit for anyone with intuition and patience on custom personalized firearms. So far it is worth the money.
- Nikki from United StatesPosted on Jun 15, 2022My husband is starting a custom gun building business and he has to make a mark on the completed firearm to stay in accordance with the law of ATF. I searched for weeks and made some feature comparisons and finally decided to give the ST-50F a chance. Took 7 days for shipping. Got it on June 9. How easy and precise the fiber laser engraver fits together makes it worth the money. This unit works great for small gun parts. Rotary laser engraved marks have surprised me. So far it has performed better than expected.
- Masahiro Kamei from United StatesPosted on Mar 08, 2022Very good fiber laser engraver. It's portable, easy to carry and move. On receipt, I was slightly concerned about some damage to the shipping container, but once I opened it, the system was so well-packed that it made no difference. Assembly was easy and probably add a secondary platform from Thorlabs or Newport to improve the precision by which targets may be placed for etching, which I anticipate going as easily as placing the guides that came with the system. Software and driver installation was easy and now it's a matter of adjusting to the quirks and limitations of EZCAD. The foot pedal seems to do nothing and it is not even mentioned in the documentation. Mechanically, there is only one way for it go in, so that's not the issue. In consequence, I have it on a switched outlet and I further safeguard against accidents by unplugging it when not in use. Does very well on the business card targets provided. Etched Ni-steel test target, but slightly faint. If deep etching steel, go 50W.
- Dean B Vigil from United StatesPosted on Aug 16, 2021This is new for me, I am a gun DIYer and wanted to have a way to customize my pieces. There is quite a learning curve but that is expected. I purchased this unit as an intro to the gun engraving. The engraver was easy to assemble thanks to well written instructions and bagged parts. Easy to use and lots of fun. So far I am really enjoying creating projects. The quality of the laser engraved guns is excellent.
- Madison from AustraliaPosted on May 17, 2021Great customer service, very responsive to emails and helping sort out any issues. The mini fiber laser engraver is well built and easy to use. I absolutely love the finished work. Very easy to put together. Took me about 30 minutes to put together and another 20 minutes to figure out how to use the software. I bought this to personalize the wedding gifts. The price was good for a beginner.
- Raymond Todd from United StatesPosted on Apr 09, 2021The sales person, Nina was very knowledgeable and helpful in answering all my questions and concerns. The quality of the 50 Watt Laser is top notch. I purchased all the options and got automatic focus, which adjusts height automatically based on thickness of material. I was skeptical about buying a unit overseas, but Nina helped me with peace of mind in making my purchase. So far after a few months of using it, I'm very satisfied with my purchase and the price is low compared to equivalent USA models. It took me over 1 year to make this purchase after extensive research and looks like I made the right decision, although this is my first laser machine, so I do not have any other experience or use of a fiber laser engraver to compare. Bottom line is it works great and was easy to setup with videos Nina sent and other videos found on YouTube.
- Terry A Dunlap from United StatesPosted on Apr 05, 2021Stop looking at other laser machines this is the machine you are looking for.
If you are looking to buy your first fiber laser engraver for metal: This is the engraver you should get.
If you already have a fiber laser engraving machine and looking to add to your collection: This is the engraver you should get.
If you have another engraver but it is not very good: This is the engraver you should get.
If you are debating whether you should get this machine: This is the engraver you should get.
You are not going to find a better engraver at this price point. Period. This machine is actually underpriced for the quality it outputs.
I bought my first fiber laser marking machine over a year and a half ago after doing extensive research (as you are most likely doing now) I purchased an STJ-50F. I was very excited to enter into this new area of metal deep engraving. Set up took all of about 10 minutes if that. Everything was packed securely and did not have any damage and they include a ton of extras in the box including laser protective glasses.
I started my first test deep engraving which is a logo on the gun barrels and I watched details laid down with pure astonishment. The engravings came out so neat and clean, I showed them to everyone. By this time I was hooked.
After a couple of months I decided to buy the other three fiber laser engravers (two sets of STJ-50F and one set of STJ-50F-Desktop). I was also excited to get that as well. The STJ-50F is virtually maintenance free. I have never done anything to this machine. Never had any problems. Like this one all my STJ-50F are stock without any issues.
With that being said, as I write this my very first STJ-50F power supply didn't work. I contacted support. The lady I chatted with was extremely pleasant to talk to and just made me much more happy in my choice to continue supporting this company. Within a few minutes she has removed the trouble for me remotely.
Now that is some awesome customer service. (Some companies take a few days to get a hold of, but not STYLECNC).
I am very happy with my STJ-50F and very glad I chose to start my deep metal engraving venture with this machine. Had I started with something else in this price range I might not still be doing metal engraving as this requires virtually no troubleshooting other then the metal engraving parameter setting in EZCAD software.
The quality this machine outputs is amazing, The engravings are clean and smooth (as long as you have your settings right in EZCAD software).
I can not recommend this machine enough if you are a beginner, experienced or even looking for the right machine to start or grow up your business at an affordable price. Choose the STJ-50F. You can not go wrong and will not be disappointed.
- Zachary Bell from United KingdomPosted on Feb 27, 2021I have now owned this laser metal engraving machine for 8 months. I use it on a daily basis and have made well over 2000 items, meaning the cost of engraving each is around 20 cents. How can that be a bad thing?. I have not upgraded or changed anything. I have upgraded my review to 5 stars, because even though there were some software issues in the beginning, there is literally no better machine for the money.
- Paul Szurlej from CanadaPosted on Jan 02, 2021I bought this portable laser marking machine and was pleasantly surprised with the detail of the engravings. It is a small space and I learned to play around with the pictures to get them as big as possible. I also found that I can engrave a second time because the program will show you where the mid-point is and where the engraving block will be. You can line up fairly accurately where you want to mark and mark words to go with a picture or a second picture. All in all, a fun little machine with pretty easy program to use.
- Hasnain Shuja from United StatesPosted on Jan 01, 2021What an amazing fiber laser machine, I have to say I am very impressed with the amount of detail this machine can achieve, its able to connect with my laptop application is very easy to use although it's not very well explained it is easy to figure out what does what, I was able to get this up and running in no time at all.