Everything You Need To Know About Laser Engraver for Metal
Do you have an idea to DIY or buy an affordable laser engraver for metal? Check out the 2021 best metal laser engravers as follows, we'll offer you the best CNC laser metal engraving machines of 2021 with expert customer service and support to fit your CNC metal engraving plans, ideas and projects.
What is Metal Laser Engraver?
Metal laser engraver is a kind of CNC laser engraving system with fiber laser source for 2D/3D metal engraving on stainless steel, carbon steel, aluminum, galvanized steel, silver, alloy, gold, copper, titanium, iron and brass. Metal laser engravers can make 2D laser engraving, color laser engraving, rotary laser engraving, online flying laser engraving, deep laser engraving and 3D laser engraving on metal surface. CNC metal laser engraving machine uses the laser beam to remove the specific part of the metal material, so as to achieve the desired effect or mark. In metal engraving applications, the laser beam is like a chisel used in CNC engraving, chiseling away excess metal material.
How Does a Metal Laser Engraver Work?
Metal laser engravers can be equipped with MOPA fiber laser source for color engraving on stainless steel and titanium. Metal laser engravers can be equipped with rotary device for laser engraving on rings, bracelets and bangles jewelry. Metal laser engravers can be equipped with online flying system for mass production with continuous manufacturing process. Metal laser engravers can be equipped with high laser power for deep laser engraving on metal. Metal laser engravers can be equipped with 3D system for laser engraving on aspheric surface, angular surface, rollers, pipes, cylinders and most curved surface.
How Many Types of Laser Engravers for Metal?
Metal laser engraver is also known as laser metal engraving machine, metal laser engraving machine, laser metal engraver, laser engraver for metal, laser metal engraving system, laser metal engraving equipment, laser metal marking machine, metal laser marking machine, laser metal marker, metal laser marker, laser metal printing machine, metal laser printer, metal laser printing machine, laser metal printer, laser metal etching machine, metal laser etching machine, CNC metal engraving machine.
Laser metal engraving machines can be divided into small laser metal engraving machine(small metal laser engraver), mini laser metal engraving machine(mini metal laser engraver), handheld laser metal engraving machine(handheld metal laser engraver), portable laser metal engraving machine(portable metal laser engraver), desktop laser metal engraving machine(desktop metal laser engraver), tabletop laser metal engraving machine(tabletop metal laser engraver), large format laser metal engraving machine(large format metal laser engraver) according to sizes. laser metal engraving machines can also be divided into home laser metal engraving machine(home metal laser engraver), hobby laser metal engraving machine(hobby metal laser engraver), industrial laser metal engraving machine(industrial metal laser engraver) according to applications.
What Are Metal Laser Engravers Used For?
Metal laser engravers are used for engraving, etching or marking on stainless steel, aluminum alloy, alumina, tungsten steel, zinc alloy, titanium alloy, gold, silver, copper, iron, bamboo products, leather products, plastics, silica gel, paper, acrylic, glass, ceramics, jade, porcelain, PC board, PU and other materials.
Metal laser engraving machines are applied in electronic components, hardware products, tool accessories, integrated circuits (IC), electrical appliances, mobile communications, precision equipment, glasses and watches, jewelry, auto parts, plastic buttons, building materials, PVC pipes, PPR Pipe, medical equipment and other industries.
|Laser Types||Fiber laser|
|Laser Power||20W, 30W, 50W, 60W, 100W|
|Engraving Content||Letter, Number, Word, Name, Sign, Logo, Tag, Pattern, Picture|
|Engraving Materials||Aluminum, Carbon steel, Stainless steel, Galvanized steel, Silver, Alloy, Gold, Copper, Titanium, Iron, Brass|
|Applications||Metal Tags, Metal Arts, Metal Crafts, Metal Gifts, Metal Electronic Components, Metal Instruments, Metal Meters, Metal Hardware, Metal Jewelry, Metal Keyboard, Metal Mobile/iPhone Case, Guns, Firearms, Weapons, Package, Metal Coins|
|Price Range||$3,000.00 - $22,000.00|
What are the Advantages of Laser Engravers for Metal?
Compared with traditional mechanical metal engraving, laser engraver has many advantages in metal engraving:
1. Laser metal engraving does not need to contact the engraved workpiece, so many fixtures and tools are omitted, and the workpiece will not generate internal stress after engraving, ensuring the original accuracy of the workpiece.
2. No corrosion to the working surface, no "tool" wear, no poison, no pollution.
3. The high-precision characteristics of laser engraving are also particularly suitable for the processing of complex graphics.
4. The mark will not fade due to environmental relations (touch, acid and reduced gas, high temperature, low temperature, etc.), and it has high anti-counterfeiting.
5. Non-contact: Laser metal engraving is processed by a non-mechanical "light knife", which can print marks on any regular or irregular surface.
6. Low operating cost: The engraving speed is fast and the engraving is formed at one time, with low energy consumption and low operating cost. Although the equipment investment of the laser metal marking machine is larger than that of the traditional engraving tools, from the operating cost, the use of the laser metal etching machine is much lower.
What are the Features of Metal Laser Engraver?
Metal laser engraving machine uses a laser beam to make permanent marks on the surface of various materials. The effect of engraving is to expose deep material through the evaporation of surface material, or to engrave traces by light energy causing chemical and physical changes on the surface material, or to burn off part of the metal material through light energy to show the text or pattern to be etched.
1. It can process most metal or non-metal materials.
2. The laser is processed with non-mechanical "tools", which does not produce mechanical extrusion or mechanical stress on the material, has no "tool" wear, is non-toxic and rarely causes environmental pollution.
3. The laser beam is very thin, so that the consumption of the processed material is small.
4. During engraving, it will not generate X-rays like electron beam bombardment and other processing methods, nor will it be interfered by electric and magnetic fields.
5. The operation is simple, the use of computer numerical control technology can realize automatic processing, can be used for high-speed and high-efficiency processing of parts and components on the production line, and can be used as a part of the flexible processing system.
6. The precision workbench can be used for fine micro processing.
7. Use a microscope or camera system to observe or monitor the condition of the processed surface.
8. It can pass through light-transmitting materials (such as quartz, glass) to process its internal parts.
9. The prism and mirror system can be used to focus the beam on the inner surface or inclined surface of the workpiece for processing.
10. Can mark bar codes, numbers, characters, patterns and other signs.
11. The line width of these signs can be as small as 12mm, and the line depth can be up to 10mm or less, so it can mark the zero surface of the "millimeter" size.
When the common metal materials are engraved, lines with a depth of several microns or more (the width can be several microns to tens of microns) are ablated from the surface to make the color and reflectivity of the lines different from the original ones, resulting in visual contrast, so that people can be sensitive to these lines (and the shape codes, numbers, patterns, trademarks, etc. formed by the lines). For glass, these ablated lines have a "dullening" effect. For plastics, due to the photochemical reaction and ablation, there are visual contrast and smoldering effects. If the surface of the material is coated with a special colored substance for marking, the colored substance will be fixed (a high temperature ablation with the material) on the line and make it colored.
Light Engraving VS Deep Engraving for Metal
Laser metal engraving is divided into two types: light engraving and deep engraving (relief engraving). Generally, the depth of light engraving is 5-25mm, the depth of deep engraving is generally deeper, and the specific depth depends on the different metals, the laser power and the time of engraving.
Light engraving is mainly used for permanent marking on the surface of various tools and parts. Deep engraving is mainly used for engraving abrasive tools, seals, etc.
Generally speaking, the engraving depth is related to factors such as the absorption of the laser by the engraved material, the power of the laser, and the action time of the laser on the engraved metal. Deep engraving usually requires a longer action time. Deep and light engravings can be carried out on the surface of various metal materials, such as signs, identification codes, company logos, and more complex images.
How to Choose a Metal Laser Engraver Manufacturer?
As a guaranteed CNC metal laser engraving machine manufacturer and supplier, STYLECNC provides all kinds of best laser metal engraving machine for sale to fit your metal engraving works.
STYLECNC's metal laser engraving machines are equipped with genuine CNC metal laser engraving software and CNC metal laser engraving system, the best original metal laser engraver parts.
STYLECNC offers cost price for your metal laser engraving plans without any intermediate. You will get the best laser metal engraving machines with affordable price from us.
STYLECNC also offers smart metal laser engraving solutions, 24/7 one-to-one free service and support, which is available free.
How to Buy a Laser Engraver for Metal?
We will recommend the most suitable CNC metal laser engraver to you after being informed by your requirements.
We will offer you with our detail quotation according to the consulted metal laser engraver. You will get the most suitable specifications, the best accessories and the affordable price.
3. Process Evaluation:
Both sides carefully evaluate and discuss all the details(including the specifications, technical parameters and business terms) of the order to exclude any misunderstanding.
4. Placing an order:
If you have no doubts, we will send the PI (Proforma Invoice) to you, and then we will sign a contract with you.
We will arrange the laser machine production as soon as receiving your signed sales contract and deposit. The latest news about production will be updated and informed to the CNC laser metal engraver buyer during the production.
6. Quality Control:
The whole production procedure will be under regular inspection and strict quality control. The complete CNC laser metal etching machine will be tested to make sure they can work very well before out of factory.
We will arrange the delivery as the terms in the contract after the confirmation by the metal laser engraver buyer.
8. Custom Clearance:
We will supply and deliver all the necessary shipping documents to the CNC laser metal marking machine buyer and ensure a smooth customs clearance.
9. Support and Service:
We will offer professional technical support and free service by Phone, Email, Skype, WhatsApp, Online Live Chat, Remote Service. We also have door-to-door service in some areas.
Model Number: STJ-50F-Desktop
Sale Price: $3900.00 to $16000.00
2021 top rated deep laser engraving machine for metal with 50 Watt fiber laser source is designed for deep engraving on metal surface (guns, firearms, stainless steel, titanium, aluminum, brass) and nonmetal surface. The fiber laser engraving system can also cut thin metals. Now the fiber laser metal engraving machine for sale at affordable price.
Model Number: STJ-20F-Portable
Sale Price: $3150.00 to $8000.00
Portable laser engraver with fiber laser source is suitable for engraving jewelry, watches, phone case, keypad, rings, tags, electronic components. The portable laser engraving system is easily carried or moved, now the portable laser engraving machine for sale at affordable price.
Model Number: STJ-60FM-Mini
Sale Price: $7800.00 to $11000.00
Color laser engraving machine for metal with MOPA fiber laser source is used for marking black, white, grey and colors on metal surface such as stainless steel, titanium. Now the MOPA color metal laser engraver for sale at affordable price.
Model Number: STJ-30FM-3D
Sale Price: $8700.00 to $26000.00
Dynamic focusing 3D fiber laser engraver is used for all metals and most of non-metal engraving works. Compared with the ordinary fiber laser engraving machine, it can do some 3D embossing works and engrave on 3D curved surface.
Model Number: STJ-30F-Handheld
Sale Price: $3300.00 to $5000.00
Mini handheld laser metal engraving machine is small enough to be operated while being held in the hand for engraving metal, alloy, jewelry, medical devices, mobile case, electron components, etc. The handheld metal laser etching machine is portable with mini size, now the mini handheld metal laser engraver for sale at an affordable price.
Model Number: STJ-50F-Desktop
Sale Price: $3900.00 to $17000.00
2021 best metal laser engraver for guns, firearms, weapons is also known as gun laser engraver, gun laser engraving machine, gun laser stippling machine, gun laser marking machine, the best laser metal engraver adopts IPG fiber laser source for deep engraving on gun barrel, gun stock, gun magazine holder, gun magazine, gun muzzle and gun cylinder of steel, aluminum, polymer plastics. Now the best laser metal engraving machine for sale at affordable price.
Model Number: STJ-30F-Mini-Enclosed
Sale Price: $6700.00 to $22000.00
Deep 3D laser metal engraving machine with fiber laser source is especially used for deep metal engraving to realize the 3D surface, and the 3D metal laser engraver has enclosed structure for safe protection. Now the affordable 3D metal laser engraving machine for sale at low price.
Model Number: STJ-100F
Sale Price: $20200.00 to $22000.00
Hobby metal laser engraver with 100W IPG fiber laser source is used for engraving logos, signs, letters, numbers, patterns or pictures on metal surface such as steel, aluminum, copper, alloy, silver, gold, etc. Now the hobby metal laser engraver for sale with best price.
Model Number: STJ-20FM-Mini
Sale Price: $5500.00 to $6280.00
Small fiber laser metal engraving machine for mobile & iPhone with MOPA laser source is widely used in DIY, selling, repair or refurbish mobile and iPhone business, you can engrave numbers, letters, signs, logos, names, patterns and IMEI on the shell, case or parts of iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 7, iPhone 6, Samsung, etc.
Model Number: STJ-20F
Sale Price: $4400.00 to $7800.00
20W online flying fiber laser engraver is used for metal industrial mass production, such as pens, knives, medical devices, electron components, series number, production date, etc. Now the online flying fiber laser engraver for sale at affordable price.
Model Number: STJ-50F-Enclosed
Sale Price: $5400.00 to $13000.00
Portable laser engraver with full enclosed cover will keep the smoke in the enclosed protection case without emission to outside. 2021 best portable laser engraver has advantages of healthy, environmental and user friendly, which is suitable for small business and home shop.
Model Number: STJ-20FM-Desktop
Sale Price: $5500.00 to $7280.00
Desktop metal laser engraver is a new type laser engraving system to mark on stainless steel, titanium, aluminum copper, brass, and plastic for custom metal signs, logos, names, letters, iPhone back logo, TV controller keyboard, laptop keyboard, mobile phone keypad, plastic translucent keys, etc.
- Showing 12 results on 1 page
Metal Laser Engraver Stories
Mar 16, 2020Except for marking black, white, grey, fiber laser marking system can also mark different colors on stainless steel. Today, we will explore how does a fiber laser marking machine mark different colors on stainless steel.
Mar 16, 2020There are many types of fiber laser marking machine to satisfy different industries. Today STYLECNC will share with you all the different types of fiber laser marking system. All of them can be equipped with 20W, 30W, 50W Chinese Raycus laser source or Germany IPG laser source. Fiber laser marking machines with MOPA laser source can mark colors on stainless steel and titanium.
Mar 16, 2020Fiber laser marking machine is professional to mark on stainless steel, iron, copper, magnesium, aluminum, gold, silver, titanium, platinum and other metals. It can meet the requirements of higher depth, smoothness and fineness of the fiber laser marker.
Feb 29, 2020The shipping cost of a CNC machine is based on the size, the weight, the shipping method selected, and your shipping address.
Sep 28, 201720W MOPA Fiber Laser Marker Machine is customized for marking ss foil for USA customer, the laser marking machine can also mark color on stainless steel.
Sep 17, 2017Fiber laser marking machine would be most suited for metal manufacturing, if you want to know more about fiber laser marking machine, please contact STYLECNC to let us know.
Jul 26, 2019Spain fiber laser marking machine with protection cover to avoid laser beam harm operator's eyes in long time marking. It is ready for delivery to Spainish customer.
May 08, 2020The daily maintenance of fiber laser marking machine not only affects the working efficiency of the laser marking system, but also affects the service life of fiber laser engraver.
Sep 28, 2017Bangladesh customer uses 30W fiber laser marking machine to mark logos and serial numbers on steel sheet and steel tubes to improve the brand reputation.
Mar 24, 2018Desktop 30W MOPA fiber laser marker system with high speed galvo head to ensure the machine working with very high speed and perfect marking effect. Now this fiber laser marking machine is ready for delivery to Serbia.
Customer Reviews and Testimonials
- Raymond Todd from United StatesPosted on Apr 09, 2021The sales person, Nina was very knowledgeable and helpful in answering all my questions and concerns. The quality of the 50 Watt Laser is top notch. I purchased all the options and got automatic focus, which adjusts height automatically based on thickness of material. I was skeptical about buying a unit overseas, but Nina helped me with peace of mind in making my purchase. So far after a few months of using it, I'm very satisfied with my purchase and the price is low compared to equivalent USA models. It took me over 1 year to make this purchase after extensive research and looks like I made the right decision, although this is my first laser machine, so I do not have any other experience or use of a fiber laser engraver to compare. Bottom line is it works great and was easy to setup with videos Nina sent and other videos found on YouTube.
- Terry A Dunlap from United StatesPosted on Apr 05, 2021Stop looking at other laser machines this is the machine you are looking for.
If you are looking to buy your first fiber laser engraver for metal: This is the engraver you should get.
If you already have a fiber laser engraving machine and looking to add to your collection: This is the engraver you should get.
If you have another engraver but it is not very good: This is the engraver you should get.
If you are debating whether you should get this machine: This is the engraver you should get.
You are not going to find a better engraver at this price point. Period. This machine is actually underpriced for the quality it outputs.
I bought my first fiber laser marking machine over a year and a half ago after doing extensive research (as you are most likely doing now) I purchased an STJ-50F. I was very excited to enter into this new area of metal deep engraving. Set up took all of about 10 minutes if that. Everything was packed securely and did not have any damage and they include a ton of extras in the box including laser protective glasses.
I started my first test deep engraving which is a logo on the gun barrels and I watched details laid down with pure astonishment. The engravings came out so neat and clean, I showed them to everyone. By this time I was hooked.
After a couple of months I decided to buy the other three fiber laser engravers (two sets of STJ-50F and one set of STJ-50F-Desktop). I was also excited to get that as well. The STJ-50F is virtually maintenance free. I have never done anything to this machine. Never had any problems. Like this one all my STJ-50F are stock without any issues.
With that being said, as I write this my very first STJ-50F power supply didn't work. I contacted support. The lady I chatted with was extremely pleasant to talk to and just made me much more happy in my choice to continue supporting this company. Within a few minutes she has removed the trouble for me remotely.
Now that is some awesome customer service. (Some companies take a few days to get a hold of, but not STYLECNC).
I am very happy with my STJ-50F and very glad I chose to start my deep metal engraving venture with this machine. Had I started with something else in this price range I might not still be doing metal engraving as this requires virtually no troubleshooting other then the metal engraving parameter setting in EZCAD software.
The quality this machine outputs is amazing, The engravings are clean and smooth (as long as you have your settings right in EZCAD software).
I can not recommend this machine enough if you are a beginner, experienced or even looking for the right machine to start or grow up your business at an affordable price. Choose the STJ-50F. You can not go wrong and will not be disappointed.
- Christos Theofanopoulos from GreecePosted on Feb 27, 2021I have now owned this laser metal engraving machine for 8 months. I use it on a daily basis and have made well over 2000 items, meaning the cost of engraving each is around 20 cents. How can that be a bad thing?. I have not upgraded or changed anything. I have upgraded my review to 5 stars, because even though there were some software issues in the beginning, there is literally no better machine for the money.
- Paul Szurlej from CanadaPosted on Jan 02, 2021I bought this portable laser marking machine and was pleasantly surprised with the detail of the engravings. It is a small space and I learned to play around with the pictures to get them as big as possible. I also found that I can engrave a second time because the program will show you where the mid-point is and where the engraving block will be. You can line up fairly accurately where you want to mark and mark words to go with a picture or a second picture. All in all, a fun little machine with pretty easy program to use.
- Hasnain Shuja from United StatesPosted on Jan 01, 2021What an amazing fiber laser machine, I have to say I am very impressed with the amount of detail this machine can achieve, its able to connect with my laptop application is very easy to use although it's not very well explained it is easy to figure out what does what, I was able to get this up and running in no time at all.