The working principle of plasma cutting machine is based on oxygen or nitrogen as the working gas, use high temperature plasma arc quantity of heat to make the workpiece incision of the metal local melting and evaporation, and with the help of a high speed of the plasma momentum ruled out a molten metal to form a slot of a kind of machining method.
laser cutting machine is a laser beam of light produced by a laser, through a series of mirror transmission, finally by the focus lens on the workpiece surface, produce local high temperature at focus, make the artifact is added hot melt or instant vaporization slot. And assist in the process of cutting gas would slot in slag blow out, ultimately achieve the purpose of processing.
Plasma cutting is suitable for cutting various metal materials, mainly in thick plate cutting. Advantage is cutting speed, narrow slot, small heat affected zone, the deformation is small, operation cost is low; Defect is in the cross section vertical degree is 0.5 ° ~ 1.5 ° Angle, hardening of incision.
Laser cutting, mainly in sheet cutting material range is very wide (metal, nonmetal, ceramics, glass, etc.). Due to the direction of laser with high, high brightness, high strength etc., so the laser cutting speed, high machining accuracy, cutting is very narrow, subsequent processing are generally not required.
To sum up, in terms of cutting materials, laser cutting of material selection range is wider than plasma cutting; In terms of sheet cutting, laser cutting is more significant advantage; And in terms of cost, plasma cutting relative to the laser cutting is a lot cheaper.
Laser Cutting Machine Advantages:
1. Small laser cutting slot: The laser cutting surface can be directly used for welding, don't need to be polished.
2. Laser cutting speed: Thin sheet metal cutting speed can be up to 10m/min, much higher than the speed of plasma cutting machine.
3. High cutting quality: Small deformation, surface roughness value is low, oblique piece.
4. High precision: Laser cutting machine precision can reach 0.05mm, repetitive positioning accuracy can reach 0.02mm.
5. Laser cutting materials: Metal, wood, plastic, rubber, PVC, leather, textiles, organic glass, and other materials, a wide range of application.
Laser Cutting Machine Disadvantages:
Laser cutting cost is high, the initial investment and maintenance needs higher cost, at present, laser cutting thin sheet metal with high cost performance, but when the sheet metal cutting efficiency is low, unless the quality of the demand is higher, or inappropriate use laser cutting.
Plasma Cutting Machine Advantages:
Thick sheet metal in cutting process, can achieve very high cutting speed, far higher than that of laser and flame. Late early than low laser equipment, the maintenance cost is lower than the laser cutter.
Plasma Cutting Machine Disadvantages:
1. Poor perpendicularity of the cut surface: on one side of the cutting surface will produce very big bevel, vertical degree will be poor.
2. Produce more cutting slag on the surface of the cutting process in cutting down cutting slag, as does not affect the quality of the process, after the cutting slag must be through grinding, also increased labor costs.
3. Produce harmful gas and arc: plasma cutting principle determines the cutting process will produce harmful dust and arc, however, at present also appeared to avoid the defect of underwater plasma cutting.
4. The cutter consumption will be more late, and now the cutting nozzle mainly depend on import, the cost is higher.