WARNING – To Reduce Risk of Injury:
1. Read and understand the entire owner's manual before attempting assembly or operation.
3. Replace the warning labels if they become obscured or removed.
4. CNC router machine is designed and intended for use by properly trained andexperienced personnel only. If you are not familiar with the proper and safeoperation of a CNC router machine, do not use until proper training andknowledge have been obtained.
5. Do not use CNC router machine for other than itsintended use. If used for other purposes, Powermatic disclaims any real orimplied warranty and holds itself harmless from any injury that may result fromthat use.
6. Always wear approved safety glasses/face shield while using CNC router machine. Everyday eyeglasses only have impact resistant lenses; they arenot safety glasses.
7. Before operating CNC router machine, remove tie, rings, watchesand other jewelry, and roll sleeves up past the elbows. Do not wear looseclothing. Confine long hair. Non-slip footwear or anti-skid floor strips arerecommended. Do not wear gloves.
8. Wear ear protectors (plugs or muffs) duringextended periods of operation.
9. Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining woodproducts generates wood dust and other substances known to the State ofCalifornia to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling dust generated from wood products oruse a dust mask or other safeguards to avoid inhaling dust generated from woodproducts.
10. Wood products emit chemicals known to the State of California tocause birth defects or other reproductive harm. (California Health and Safety Code Section 25249.6)
11. Do not operate CNC router machine while tired or under theinfluence of drugs, alcohol or any medication.
12. Make certain the switch is inthe OFF position before connecting CNC router machine to the power supply.
13. Make certain CNC router machine is properly grounded.
14. Make all machine adjustments ormaintenance with CNC router machine unplugged from the power source.
15. Remove adjusting keys and wrenches. Form a habit of checking to see that keys and adjusting wrenches are removed from CNC router machine before turning it on.
16. Keep safety guards in place at all times when CNC router machine is in use. If removed for maintenance purposes, use extreme caution and replace the guards immediately after completion of maintenance.
17. Check damaged parts. Before further use of CNC router machine, a guard or other part that is damaged should be carefully checkedto determine that it will operate properly and perform its intended function.Check for alignment of moving parts, binding of moving parts, breakage of parts,mounting and any other conditions that may affect its operation. A guard orother part that is damaged should be properly repaired or replaced.
18. Provide for adequate space surrounding work area and non-glare, overhead lighting.
19. Keep the floor around CNC router machine clean and free of scrap material, oil andgrease.
20. Keep visitors a safe distance from the work area. Keep childrenaway.
21. Make your workshop child proof with padlocks, master switches or byremoving starter keys.
22. Give your work undivided attention. Looking around,carrying on a conversation and “horseplay” are careless acts that can result inserious injury.
23. Maintain a balanced stance at all times so that you do notfall into the cutter or other moving parts. Do not overreach or use excessiveforce to perform any machine operation. Keep hands away from rotating cutting tool.
24. Use the right tool at the correct speed and feed rate. Do not force atool or attachment to do a job for which it was not designed. The right toolwill do the job better and more safely.
25. Do not touch a bit immediately afteruse; it will be hot and may cause skin burns.
26. Use recommended accessories; improper accessories may be hazardous.
27. Maintain tools with care. Do not usedull or damaged cutters. Keep cutting tools clean and sharp for best and safestperformance. Follow instructions for lubricating and changing accessories.
28.Turn off CNC router machine before cleaning. Use a brush or compressed air to removechips or debris - do not use your hands.
29. Do not stand on CNC router machine. Serious injury could occur if CNC router machine tips over.
30. Never leave CNC router machine running unattended. Turn the power off and do not leave CNC router machine until it comes to a complete stop.
31. Remove loose items and unnecessary work piecesfrom the area before starting CNC router machine.
32. Don’t use in dangerousenvironment. Don’t use power tools in damp or wet location, or expose them torain. Keep work area well lighted.
33. Keep electrical cord away from sharpedges, heat or moving parts. Position cord so it will not become a trip hazard.
34. Do not plug router directly into wall outlet. Connect it to the providedcable receptacle on the router table, so that all machine movement can beregulated by the single controller.
35. Before using CNC router machine, read and become thoroughly familiar with all manufacturer’s operatingand safety instructions that accompanied CNC router you will be using.
36. Always secure workpiece to spoil board using clamps or double-sided tape. Never hold workpiece down by hand while operating.
37. Make sure workpiece is freefrom nails or other foreign objects.
38. After installing a bit, make surecollet is securely tightened. An unsecured bit may fly loose from the collet and cause injury.
39. Use proper extension cord. Make sure your extension cord is ingood condition. When using an extension cord, be sure to use one heavy enough tocarry the current your product will draw. An undersized cord will cause a dropin line voltage resulting in loss of power and overheating.
40. CNC router machine is intended for carving and cutting wood, acrylics, plastics and soft metal, etc. Do not use it to cut hard metals.